Harbor freight sale!!

Harbor freight will be having a tent sale August 26-28 and they have the predator 6.5 HP motors on sale for $99.99 plus I think you can use a 20% off coupon on them as well.
Just thought I would pass the word along.

Harbor freight will be having a tent sale August 26-28 and they have the predator 6.5 HP motors on sale for $99.99 plus I think you can use a 20% off coupon on them as well.
Just thought I would pass the word along.
Thanks for the info! :thumbsup: Do you know if they will still honor a warranty??

I wouldn't see why they wouldn't honor the warranty, your buying a brand new engine they just put on sale for a lot less. That's not you fault.

Incase any of you are wondering if the 212cc motors are any good. I bought one about 3 weeks ago and put it in my doodlebug. It started right up and I have had no issues. It has needed NO tuning or adjustment. My buddy had bought the greyhound motor from harbor freight and took him a while to get it dialed in. Broke it in on a 25 mile run its first night.
Only down side is it had so much freaking tourque it broke the frame in half!!!
I am having it welded :)grind:) up today before my 45 mile ride to the beach tonight! :scooter:

Incase any of you are wondering if the 212cc motors are any good. I bought one about 3 weeks ago and put it in my doodlebug. It started right up and I have had no issues. It has needed NO tuning or adjustment. My buddy had bought the greyhound motor from harbor freight and took him a while to get it dialed in. Broke it in on a 25 mile run its first night.
Only down side is it had so much freaking tourque it broke the frame in half!!!
I am having it welded :)grind:) up today before my 45 mile ride to the beach tonight! :scooter:
you are saying it will crack a frame in half?

scootercat

harbor freight sale

I picked up a 99 cc Predator for a motorized Schwinn Legacy bicycle on monday and it was on sale for $109.99,and I used My 20% off coupon no problem...And while I was there I asked the Manager about getting a replacement for a blue clone,He said that they would give Me the new Predator as the replacement....Cool eh?....scootercat....

Last edited:
you are saying it will crack a frame in half?

I am not saying that. Mine did tho, and my doodlebug is not that old. I am not sure how old, but paint looks great so I assume it isn't that old. Mine broke right where the plate (that the motor sits on) is welded to the frame. So I had it welded nice and good and did a little on the back side of the plate as well just incase I cracked it. It was completely disconnected. The foot pegs were coming up as well.
I'll have the after pictures posted later today.

I picked up a 99 cc Predator for a motorized Schwinn Legacy bicycle on monday and it was on sale for $109.99,and I used My 20% off coupon no problem...And while I was there I asked the Manager about getting a replacement for a blue clone,He said that they would give Me the new Predator as the replacement....Cool eh?....scootercat....
My buddy has a "blue clone" and got the 2 year no question warranty and they said that if he wanted to get the predator that he would have to pay the difference no matter what happened because THEY discontinued it. So make sure if any of you guys out there are going to go swap them that you call first, or be willing to pay the difference if there was one.