Has anyone heard of the SportKing Trike?

[I haven't even rode this thing yet, and already LOVE it..... it grew on me VERY QUICKLY, just to let you know]

Hey, guys & gals.... has anyone heard of the SportKing Trike? I picked it up off my neighbor for $25 with a bad engine, no belt, no tires, bad drive chain, and frozen primary & secondary clutches. Frame in good shape. Everything is there, it just needs some TLC :)

So do you guys know anything about this thing? It says "Rogers City, MI" on the front.... and the side decal is quite a trip with the grinning cat :)

I'd NEVER seen(and I've seen my share of mini bikes/three & four wheelers, etc.) one of these other than THIS ONE. I've found machines that were VERY CLOSE, but the fiberglass bodies were different, and NONE of them said SportKing on them....

Please help if you can.
Thanks!

SportKingBob : Well your not alone I also have seen a ton of trikes and never seen one like that. Looks like you should be able to get it back into shape. Have some fun .
Steve :scooter:

oldsledz

Please post a Photo of it.

This is the first I have heard of a trike. Sport King also made the Ski-kat snowmobile and Mini Bikes. I have not found much info on Sport King I have been told they were made in Rogers City and also Lansing they may have also may have been made by someone else for Sport King.
I have a deal made on a big tired Sport king mini bike hope to have it home next weekend.

OldMiniBikes member backwoods has one. He is from MI too. Maybe it's yours. He posted pics 6-14-09. I would love to own one. Oldsedz, please post some pics when you get that bike. I was collecting all the balloon tired bikes a while back I could find (El Burro, Trapper, Terra Cat, Sport King) but could not get a Sport King. I saw one about 3yrs ago on eBay in MI but the guy wouldn't ship it. He also had a Terra Cat. Check SportKing Bob's photo's. It's in there. Real nice. You MI guy's have all the cool stuff.

Last edited: