Hawg Ty Questions.

Ok,I am looking for any current members with info on the Hawg Ty big wheel bikes. I need help in the ways of the girder spring front end. It seems to be real getto and weak. Has anybody eliminated the spring system and made a upper triple tree for them? Or maybe found a good way to reinforce them so they have less wobble in the handle bars?

Also what tooth is the front chain and can I find a factory tensioner to replace the missing one?

Last but not least what are good gas tank options, I was thinking of using a Honda 50 tank that I have?

The HawgTy uses 41 chain as for the tensioner you can go to MonsterScooterParts and they have the whole unit or parts you may just need on their website. They are the same as the Warrior(MB165/200). As for the play(wobble) in the front forks. The set up is just like a bicycle if I remember right. Have not had a problem with mine in so long I forget. Sounds like the bearing are shot?

Last edited:
The HawgTy uses 41 chain as for the tensioner you can go to MonsterScooterParts and they have the whole unit or parts you may just need on their weebsite. They are the same as the Warrior(MB165/200). As for the play(wobble) in the front forks. The set up is just like a bicycle if I remember right. Have not had a problem with mine in so long I forget. Sounds like the bearing are shot?
Ok, I will look into that. Thanks much