Head velocity questions

It seems everyone mostly gets the biggest valve biggest port head they can....but don't you lose velocity at lower lift numbers ...which unless your operating at wide open high rpm most of the time you'd be better off with smaller valves and a smaller port that's ported well instead of huge volume ports with giant valves? I am building a 212 predator billet rod and flywheel with a mamba jr that will see around 6000 rpm at most and I am trying to have good throttle response and power at lower rpms that it will run in most of the time like a street motor vs a drag motor that runs high rpm all the time...what have you guys done for your rides that you don't race high rpm

Whats the limit on compression can I go.....is 11 to 1 on 93 octane doable or should I keep it lower ? Me with my kid is around 250lbs on it so it may be loaded down a little at times...lol

Never had any issues with pump gas. I run a flat top and 14cc with a thin metal gasket and never had a issue but thats with a mild cam. How to get to 11-1 on a predator i'm not sure of.