header wrap?

vegetable

I want to get a center exit style pipe for my mini bike to improve the way it looks, but the only issue is that I am running a taillight that goes right below where the exhaust will sit. I don't want to fry my taillight so I decided that wrapping the exhaust would be the best way. But, this is my first time trying to wrap an exhaust, so how should I go about doing it? (what kind retains heat the best, the process, extra materials, etc.) Is it also possible to only wrap the part of the exhaust that is close to my taillight or do I have to wrap the whole thing? I plan to paint the header with heat heat paint as well as the muffler.

Last edited:
You can get the header wrap in colors off ebay. The wrap usually comes with stainless cable ties to wrap the beginning and end. I only wrap sections of pipe that could possibly hit my leg. You can certainly only wrap the back end to protect the tailight. Also if the pipe is right under the seat you need to protect it from melting the vinyl covering stapled under the seat.

Attachments