Heald Super Bronc VT-8 Front Fork Assembly

Does any know where can get a front fork assembly for a Heald Super Bonc VT-8? I am in disbelief still. I just bought the bike and it was shipped to me in pieces so I did not have the opportunity to ride it. The bike looked to be in outstanding shape. When I took the spring boots off in preparation to send the upper fork assembly to be powder coated, I found that at some point a previous owner welded the upper and lower fork tubes together with the springs still in the tubes. I think I would have to have surgical skills and allot of time on my hands to try and grind and cut through the welds without creating more damage to the fork tubes and springs inside.
Thanks,
Rick

Last edited:
I called Ron, he can make me a complete Super Bronc upper fork assembly for $76.00, springs are about $10.00 each, and has the lower fork tubes. What a deal! He also has the upper handle bars made in stainless for $17.00 each. The spring boots are available, but have been on back order for a couple of months. :smile:
Thanks for the contact,
Rick

This my be a stretch but I might have one for you.
It depends on what happens this weekend. I am going to try something and if i doesn't work then I don't really need my front forks. I will give you an update after Sunday. Turns out I will be back in town sooner than I thought so I will also get you that dimension on Sunday.

I called Ron, he can make me a complete Super Bronc upper fork assembly for $76.00, springs are about $10.00 each, and has the lower fork tubes. What a deal! He also has the upper handle bars made in stainless for $17.00 each. The spring boots are available, but have been on back order for a couple of months. :smile:
Thanks for the contact,
Rick
Hey Rick
could you post some pictures when you get those parts in from power tec. I am curious about there newly fabed parts. Thanks.

I bought parts from Kimball/Power Tec in 2004, and the parts were perfect. I got new handlebars for my Super Bronc, and got them in Stainless so I wouldn't have to worry about chrome problems--they were very nice.. I"ll be calling them up tomorrow or later this week for some new parts for my new project!

I had to send the Power Tech front forks back. The fork tubes were not parallel and pointed in. When I installed the lower shock tubes, they where off by 3/4" at the axle. Ron is looking into what may have shifted in the jig. He is making me up another set. In any case, even if the fork tubes were parallel, I was not satisfied with the welds. I was going to have to reweld every joint because they looked like spot verses the factory smooth 360 degree welds.
Rick :weld:

dang:doah:, I was thinking about getting some parts from them, but now I think I might just take the forks to a local fab shop if I need another set made. Thanks for the Info Rick.

I would go ahead and wait for Ron to get back to you.. If I recall, i got forks from Ron back in 2004 as the originals on mine were bent backwards some-so I sold them on Ebay, and bought a set from Ron.. They worked fine, all pieces went together great, and the originals I can say never had 360degree welds around the tubes. Had I a mig and a torch and a bandsaw, I could have easily made a set of the forks myself with some chromoly or mild steel tubing--but for $76 as posted above--I would not sell them that cheap.. The parts from Power Tec are a steal of a deal--and as you see, Ron is going to make sure you are satisfied.

I have another set on the way from Power Tec. Will update you on the quality of them when I get them. In talking with Ron, he said that he took the set I returned and tried to fit them in the jig they were welded in. They would not fit. He could not figure it out. Ron is such a nice person to work with. It would take more than a set of bad forks for me to stop doing business with him.
Rick :weld:

heald front fork

hey guys my vote is for ron kimball . an exellent guy to do business with . i have done business with him for 25 years and he always treated me good so you don,t have to be afraid that he is going to rip you off grandpa ray --st joseph mn:scooter: