Heat wave

kbs8ball

60 in Cleveland today....put almost a hundred miles on the big bike after work...it sure is nice blastin down the road after ya been off it for a while...:thumbsup:

Oldsalt

8Ball
Here in Eastern Washington I got 4 days in Dec. that were [sorta] rideable. Got one ride in this month. As long as it isn't raining or snow on the roads...what the heck. Aint got no lace on my shorts.

today its 65 up here near Buffalo, no snow left except for the large banks, i can't wait to get home from school so i can ride my mini...

i did my share of riding but didnt take ou tmy big bike because of the salt on the road. good to hear some people got out the toys and road!

kbs8ball

The salt wasnt too bad...I better go examine my bike though just in case...I know there was alot of condensation going on yesterday.

in my town they don't use salt on the roads, they use grit gravel, and since the roads were a little wet, the grit ALL stuck to the side of the engine like plaster, unfourtunately the hose isn't taken out yet, so i have to wash it down with a bucket of water.
also, since my exhaust header sticks out farther then the rear fender, the header is all rusty at the end now.

Last edited:

65ShelbyClone

Weird, mid 50s here today. It was only in the mid 40s when I took my bike(bicycle) out for a 10mi ride late this morning.

It snowed on Sunday night and since then the temps have been higher. When the snow melts, it turns the dirt into glop, so I'd rater ride fire roads when it's either frozen or dried out. :001_tongue: