Hegar kick starter

george3

I am looking for a hegar kick starter to use on my bonanza chopper. I would appreciate any leads.
You might want to change your location to city and state you live in. I really dont think you will have too many buiers or sellers.

KNUCKLEBANGER

View My Photos

believe it or not 3 weeks ago I could've bought one at a estate sale for $110 ! They had boxes of N.O.S. clutches ect. and I was holding out for the kick starter.Then next thing I know they threw it in with two of the other boxes,and before I could bid.SOLD ! I hadn't seen one in years and had no idea they could bring that much $$$ It would have been a perfect detail to add to a mini project...Gawd I'm sick now.:cursing:

Thanks for all the help guys. I bought what I wanted from James C. He had it new in the box too. I am grateful to everyone for all your help. The OldMiniBikes guys rock!!!!:scooter:

I don't know how much they were new. I know that guy Kustom Kart is a wealth of knowledge and I would bet good money that he would have a pic of the original ad for it that might have the price on it.

KustomKart comes through again!!! not that anyone is suprised. I wonder if anyone has ever seen one of these hegar starters with a kicker arm that is square looking like the one in the ad?? It looks like it might have been made of aluminum and broke easily so they changed to something stronger. Does anybody know??:shrug:

Mean Dean

I bought mine new from Ruttman back in 1971. Mine was $19.95 I have been offered $400.00 for mine no box.I know the guy who bought the one for $601. It will never leave the box.

Mac

I wonder if anyone has ever seen one of these hegar starters with a kicker arm that is square looking like the one in the ad?? It looks like it might have been made of aluminum and broke easily so they changed to something stronger. Does anybody know??:shrug:
I think Bonanza Joe had one:

I had these below years ago:

....and I have these below in case any Hegar arms do break:

I've had some of the most unusual items in bulk.