Hello all :)

Hey everyone!

New to the forum.

I am having some mini bike probs and some help would be awesome.

I have a goat tote type mini bike with a briggs and stratton on it. 6 HP I believe. Have tons of power, I swear it would climb a tree LOL, always ran good when it was last running.I went to start it and I get no spark. If you hole the end of the plug wire and grab the frame and turn it over you can feel a tingle but it is not enough to generate a spark. So I am thinking the armature/coil is kicked the ol' bucket.

Now the problem I can not find a replacement magneto. I am hoping there is a equivilent I can use.

Here is my engine info.

6 HP (I think)
Model # 142302
Type # 502099
Serial # 314601

I think the part number for the armature magneto is # 296834

I would also like to put in new points and condenser.

I hope you guys can help. I am lost on what to do.

Thanks
George

Nice to meet you all

oldfatguy

try just cleaning the points,most of the time that's all it is. the coils usually don't go bad. Take the points out and clean them up with a file to a slightly rounded point. Put it back together and set the gap to .020. some times moisture or humidity can cause them to stop working.

I did that.

I think there is a wire missing of the coil ( no not the one that goes and hooks onto the spark plug). you can see on the outside in the plastic a groove where it appeared to be a wire, because you can see where it appears to have broken off.

The ground on the coilis still there though.

Where should the wire go that comes up from where the points are?

But maybe getting that wire hooked up right that comes our from where the points are.

Thanks

George