Hello from England .... what's this then ?

o.JPG

Hi folks. Just bought this. The bloke said he thought it was a Rupp ..... but didn't know why he thought it was a Rupp.

Any ideas ? Make. Model. Year. ?

Thanks
Tony

Wow, thank you Markus that was quick.

I think you're right, it has the rear tyre-brake contraption mentioned, ...... and it makes a lot more sense it being this side of the pond.

Many thanks.

p.JPG

markus

No problem, great find! Those guys that built that were Mini cooper racers in the 60's so that bike might have a good following, woudl be cool to have a the track next to a classic mini with one of Aley's roll bars installed in it :thumbsup:

Markus is the king of IDs, I have been on the top helper list three times but he has killed it in this section and continues to amaze me with these obscure bikes he IDs.:bowdown:

And that bike is great, wish they had been imported to the states. It looks big enough for a tall guy to ride comfortably and it seems to break down for transport, gotta love that Panther engine too.

Hello again from England -
6 months on, after your help in identification, thought you might be interested in progress.

Obviously it had been mouldering for decades, and I landed up with little more than the frame, handlebars and some questionable bits and pieces.
With a bit of general mucking-about, machining, special metric/imperial bearing searching .......... usual stuff, it's up and running using kart parts.
I went a bit mad and put an electric-start clone 160 motor on it, plus an OldMiniBikes Warehouse clutch brake and a 5 quid seat off eBay.

It's probably lethal on kart slicks ......... and the gearing is too tall, but hey, all things to play with in the future.
Possibly may have to sell it (too many toys), so anybody over here wanna buy it - message me. It'll be a good few hundred quid.
Or I may put it in the house as an ornament :shrug:
More pics or info just ask.
IMG_20170111_134115.jpg