Helmet Thread (Pics & Info, what do you roll with ? )

Less mean? That's funny. This is the Internet, I have thick skin and don't really give a shit what you think. The kids wear their helmets which is what matters. I've lived a long life and don't think life as a stiff old crotchedy diaper wearing q tip is the way to go for me. So if the good lord calls I'm ready. But I have a feeling I will end up a q tip anyways.

Wear the damn brain bucket. There is no reason not to.

You dump a bike & lay your head open in front of the little ones while you're out riding, what do you think is going to go through their minds?

Dad's dead, brains & blood & tissue everywhere, etc. If that doesn't spell a traumatic childhood and an innate fear of bikes, I don't know what would.

Just wear the damn helmet.

Seriously? There are many videos of Windber riding, most of them riding without helmets, that you all could seriously have a field day with.

Or is it just easier to dog this dude?

ive crashed with and without helmets. luckily when i wasnt wearing one, i was smart enough not to crash with my face. if you arent wearing one, you ought to be smart enough not to do something stupid. if you do, its your own problem.:thumbsup:

plus there is no better incentive to be a better rider and not screw up than not smashing your face in. :D
That's my point. You don't see me jumping cars or riding stupid. It's not a 180 mph crotch rocket. I don't like pain and try my best to avoid it.

That's my point. You don't see me jumping cars or riding stupid. It's not a 180 mph crotch rocket. I don't like pain and try my best to avoid it.
You don't need to defend your personal choices. If you lived in some states, it'd be required.

In 81, I was T-Boned at an intersection by a guy running a red light. I went through his windshield, and my helmeted head bent his door frame. Helmets were optional at the time. (CA) Had I not worn it for this little weekend cruise, I'd have lost the top of my head.

Since then, my rule has been when I ride with cars around me, I wear a helmet. A mini bike putting around my neighborhood, or tooling around the desert, nah.

Note about half of the US States require kids under 16 to wear a helmet on a bicycle.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
ohhh thats nice! I just got through buffing out the marks on this batch I bought at the swapmeet

the green one I got came out exceptionaly nice, its laid up like a Bell. no cracks or scratches, Inside needs some help though, you making the pads yourself or is there a kit somewhere:shrug:

Hi Mark, these were easy, just the top pad was gone and I made my own.

I use a dense foam carpet underlay that is dark grey. I have done some helmets that had no foam left. New foam, 3M glue spray, then 4 way stretch lycra cloth. Ya can make a nice job of it.

Like your green one, love the moto ski helmet and Captain America / Easy Rider one

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
I like not wearing a helmet, but more times than not, I wear one.

Like Dave, If I were not wearing one, that one time I would have not been here to talk about it.

It's your choice, wright or wrong.

I don't like wearing a seat belt, one day I may wish I did??

Helmets are a personal choice and raggin someone out for not wearing one while toolin around on a mini is absurd ! I raced MX for years , rode crotch rockets in early 80 's all over So. California before the helmet law and I always wore one ! But I'll be damned if I'm putting one on to cruise my minis around ! No doubt they are a needed piece of safety equipment , but I'm with Camjamsdad on this one .:thumbsup:

People die every year from falling off of friggin' bicycles onto pavement without a helmet.

What makes any of you idiots think that adding horsepower & speed to the equation makes you safer?

Wear the f*ckin' helmet. Even a cheap-ass bicycle helmet is still better than nothing. Shit, a halfway decent used motorcycle helmet can be had for CHEAP.

Boomstick , I appreciate your concern for every ones safety but is name calling really needed ? It's a choice grown men can make , right or wrong , to wear or not wear .

Sure, you can choose not to wear a helmet.

You can also choose to build a monster of a drag mini & retain the original scrub brake because it would just be easier & cheaper.

You can also choose to ride around on heavily compromised tires or cracked/rotted rims too, it's cheaper & easier than swapping them out for good components!

You can also wind a stock, cast iron flywheel up to 8000rpm's if you so wish, it's cheaper than buying the proper billet flywheel.

See what I'm getting at?

Riding without a helmet is one of the dumbest things you can do. Motorcycle/dirtbike/minibike accidents are just like gun accidents, they happen when you least expect it, and that's usually when they're really, really bad.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
broomstick, I'm all for what your sayin dude. I am...

I walk into my one room and I just counted 18 helmets. ! :freakout:

These are just the ones I know I can wear. I have many more I have not refurbished yet.

Yes I see what you're getting at , I did not want to come down to your level but you force me too ! You are a Moron ! Comparing minibike accidents to gun accidents , obviously you're a NorthEast tree hugging liberal retarted dumbass that has the need ( like our big brother ) to tell us what's best for us ! Give me a break , are you for real ? If you love wearing helmets I hope you wear one in the shower ? Do you ? , more people die in showers every year than they do on mini bikes ! And to everyone else I apologize , most certainly helmets make good sense but its not King Broomsticks decision .

Last edited: