Help! Do I need engine risers to install tav in mmb212 from Walmart

I am planning on putting a torque converter on my mmb212 from Walmart.
Is it pretty common to need engine risers?
I would rather not if I don't have to. But would like to plan on buying them so I don't have to order them after I get the tav. Is there a way I could measure to see if I need them

im assuming your talking about the one with the centrifugal clutch, i think that you wont need spacers as they make a model with a tav from the factory (seems to clear fine). i wouldn't think so. also be sure to order one with a #41/#420 sprocket, as #35 wont work on these bikes.
good luck! you will enjoy it! (also, prepare to change the belt, mine blew out in the first month, i bought a replacement and its been going strong!)

Sell it and get the Pro Series 212. Walmart jacked the price back up to $599, so maybe you could get $400 for your used one. Then watch for a deal on the PS. You have already said you want to add a suspension fork, by the time you upgrade everything you're going to have as much in it as what a PS would cost, if not more. The PS was designed to use the CVT and suspension fork, plus it has a beefier frame, front brake and lighting; it's done, no need to make things fit/work.

im assuming your talking about the one with the centrifugal clutch, i think that you wont need spacers as they make a model with a tav from the factory (seems to clear fine). i wouldn't think so. also be sure to order one with a #41/#420 sprocket, as #35 wont work on these bikes.
good luck! you will enjoy it! (also, prepare to change the belt, mine blew out in the first month, i bought a replacement and its been going strong!)
The two have completely different frames. The Pro Series uses a proprietary CVT with a jackshaft that transfers the final drive to the right side of the bike. The Pro Series was designed to use that CVT, the model he has was designed to use a centrifugal clutch, so the PS having a CVT doesn't mean the model he has will not require modification to accept an aftermarket CVT.

I dont think you
The two have completely different frames. The Pro Series uses a proprietary CVT with a jackshaft that transfers the final drive to the right side of the bike. The Pro Series was designed to use that CVT, the model he has was designed to use a centrifugal clutch, so the PS having a CVT doesn't mean the model he has will not require modification to accept an aftermarket CVT.
True, but I don't see a difference other than the jackshaft (and front brakes) the frames could be the same (other than the jackshaft) I believe it could fit, but its probably not worth it as he could sell it for 400$ and get the pro series for a bit more. But I say go for it! If you need 1in spacers there not that hard to make! Just take some scrap and bam! Spacers.

With the added cost of a "good" Torque Converter,you will have about as much in the bike as a Pro! But if you really like the bike, then I would go for it! It would be a simple conversion!