Help with Arctic Cat mini Sachs recoil rebuild!

Hello-
I recently purchased a what I now know is a 1972 Prowler by Arctic Cat. Of course it was missing the recoil and I've been working over the last several weeks to piece one together with ebay parts. I'm still looking for a few pieces like the spring, spacers, washer, etc. but once I get them I'll need to know how they all go together. Does anyone have an exploded view of the recoil or know where I might be able to find one? Any help would be much appreciated!

Mike

MikeBear

Hello-
I recently purchased a what I now know is a 1972 Prowler by Arctic Cat. Of course it was missing the recoil and I've been working over the last several weeks to piece one together with ebay parts. I'm still looking for a few pieces like the spring, spacers, washer, etc. but once I get them I'll need to know how they all go together. Does anyone have an exploded view of the recoil or know where I might be able to find one? Any help would be much appreciated!

Mike
Winderosa_Snow_Instructions

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/mini-bike-discussion/68640-sachs-50cc-recoil-repair.html << some pics here.

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks so much for this information! Anyone know where I might be able to get the shims or spring? I have been able to piece together almost everything else.

MikeBear

Thanks so much for this information! Anyone know where I might be able to get the shims or spring? I have been able to piece together almost everything else.
Here's the guy (Bob Fragoman) who has all the parts and info, if you want them from the guy that bought the left-over stock when Fox went under. He also will send info on how to adjust things, including your carb. I haven't had any dealings with him for about 4 years, so hopefully he's still around:

Bob
R. L. Fragoman
Box 157
Memphis, NY 13112
(315) 689-7047
minibikeman1@gmail.com