Help with New Engine Build!

Hi, I'm currently in the process of building my 212cc hemi head and have run into an issue. I applied assembly lube to all the internal gears and went to spin the crank by hand and it binds up after a few spins and will do it in both directions. It only does it with the front cover and camshaft in place. If I don't put the cam in then there is no issue with turning over. It almost seems as if something is pushing the camshaft out of the engine because it puts pressure on the front cover. I'm really at a loss to what it could be and haven't been able to find any info online. Also, I haven't even mounted the head yet so it isn't a compression or valve lash issue. Relevant mods are billet flywheel, billet 3.308" rod, and Mod2 cam. Thanks!

Some of the newer Predator engines with a after market cam...
The crank has to be ground on to clear the lobs of the cam...
Also check the rod and cam for interference, and make sure the lobs of the cam are not coming into contact with the barrel of the sleeve

what cam? Are lifters installed? If it is a .275 lift cam or less then if it is interference it is probably the extra flashing on the crank near the rod journal. If you examine the area at the top of the rod journal there is some extra material on some of the cranks that can hit the cam lobes.

Zaxphyr

Lifters are installed but they are being held up with assembly lube. I'm going to check what everyone is saying about the extra material on the crank, that sounds like a possibility. I though with such a mild cam I could get away with no grinding but that's part of getting a clone a guess.

Zaxphyr

So yeah, I ground a little sliver off of the crank with a dremel and now everything spins freely! First small engine that I've ever heavily modified and this thing is freakin sweet. I put a tach on it and it seems to free spin ~7500rpm, I plan on fine tuning the fueling and hope to get it on the minibike this weekend.