HF 2.5 clone

OK, one of my girl's said that she will not wanna ride the mini with a modded out 6.5 on it. So i have to get a 2.5 for when she wants to ride. Is the bolt mounting the same? Do they use the same carb, i will not be doing the jetting and all that stuff. Unless you guy's have done some mods to a 2.5 and it has helped. Other then maybe a pipe,that is all the time i would put into it. The shaft will take the smaller clutch, that is all i got a chance to see when i was at HF the other day. Just wanna have a 2.5 on hand that i can swap if she want's to ride, 6.5 is for daddy on the weekends. Anyone got any little mods that would help it out.:thumbsup: Any help would be great. Thanks John..

Big Jim

There is a screw on the 6.5 to limit the opening of the throttle, be easier and cheaper to turn one screw than to change an engine for a few hours.....
No, the bolt pattern is not the same.

Thanks Jim.:thumbsup: The screw in question is gone...:doah: Didn't work with the throttle that i ran, whole plate was trashed... She will just have to learn the motor .:blink: