Hf 6.5hp?????????

I was thinking of getting one of the Harbour Frieght 6.5Hp Engines for my New STELLAR Mini Bike find. I was wondering:

What throttle set-ups are used with this engine?

What is the Bore Size for the Clutch?

What is the Equal Honda? Engine for PARTS?

Thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its a very good engine, good power out of the box and plenty to be added.

there are several throttle setups that are used check NR-Racing.com

the shaft size is 3/4''

the equal honda engine would be the GX200, so any performance parts for the honda fit the clone, with the exception of bigger rocker arms, you need the genuine guide plate to run those in the clone, figured i would point that out.

125ccCrazy

I'm building a HF clone 6.5, so far I have a billet flywheel, billet rod, gx160 flat top piston, ported and polished milled head .080, stainless valves, 26lb springs, chromolly pushrods, Honda guide plate, alum retainers, locks, 285 lift, 250 duration cam, I'll be trying out a 26mm carb on it.... With all this the engine should be putting out around 15hp..

The clones can be built to be very strong runners, just depends on how much you want to spend and how much power you want..

A stock 6.5 with a good carb and exhaust, loose the govenor and you can boost it to 8hp easy... If using the stock carb you can do some mods to it like a gx140 imulsion tube, adjustable jet, bore it out.... personally I'd go with a Mikuni or Keihin carb, no linkage to screw with and they are more adjustable and easy to work on...

Most any 3/4" clutch will work...

if you decide to go with a Mikuni carb you'll either need a carb spacer off a Briggs Animal (fits with minimal modifications) or buy an intake for $40 from AGK.

you can find 22mm Mikunis for around $30-$35 if you look around. i think they're worth it just so you don't have to mess around with setting up the throttle cable.

you will be fine with a 3/4" Max Torque or Comet clutch. you didn't say what size chain you were running, so be sure to get one for the correct size. it should say the chain size on the side of some of the links. it will probably be #35 but could be #41.

Last edited:
Can some one give me the Bolt Hole Size and Center to Center measurements? I want to see how close my Original engine plate will be. Is that hard to hook the throttle up to the stock carb? I really do not want to spend extra money on a carb just for throttle linkage, But if it is that much of a pain in the a$$, then I guess I might.

I used the harbor freight pushrod guide plate with the 1.2 to 1 rockers. Just remove the plate and elongate the rocker stud holes about 1/16 of an inch using a rat tail file. after reinstallation verify the pushrod does not bind in the nylon inserts in the guide.