HF sale on engine

Guys,

I was at HF yesterday and they are having a sale the weekend of Oct 8th. The Predator clone will be $99.

BTW, does the swap kit being sold by the OldMiniBikes member work just as well with the predator engine? I wasn't sure if it was only designed for the Blue HF engine. I am hopeful that the throtle hook up will work just as well.

Thanks,
Ian

fonz

The throttle linkage that comes with the Predator is simple and works as good as any thing out there and it's free. The only down side to the OldMiniBikes kit is you have to drill 4 holes. Everything else is plus-plus. You will never have to worry about rusty bolts and having them just spin their guts out as you try to loosen them.

fonz

CPU77.
HF Predator vs BMI Yellow clone. That would make an excellent new thread. I don't want to steal your thunder. Since i'ts your idea, why don't you post it and see what happens!

fonz

My sincere apologies to VIKI and the other great people at OldMiniBikes. I had no idea you sold the yellow clone, other wise I never would have mentioned the other company. I've placed a few orders with OldMiniBikes this summer and always with great prices and fast shipping. Please excuse my oversite in this matter...
Fonz

I have heard the Predator is as good as a blue clone with a header, air filter and rejet! I would rather start with more cubic inches honestly. I have a blue clone by the way so I am not biased. I think it all depends if you want to mod it alot from the start.

pomfish

I have heard the Predator is as good as a blue clone with a header, air filter and rejet! I would rather start with more cubic inches honestly. I have a blue clone by the way so I am not biased. I think it all depends if you want to mod it alot from the start.
I feel the same way, why pay for Fancy Air filter, header and have to mess/guess/troubleshoot the jetting just to get to the starting point of a Predator?.
$99 on sale, I'm loving stock power, thank you!

I bought 2 last month, installed one and I can tell you they are as good as everyone says.
No surging, no lean issues, I love it.
I wish I never had to mess with another Tecumseh carb the rest of my life, but I know that is not reality. Some bikes just look better with the factory equipment or will not fit the clone motors.

Thanks,
Keith

is this a nationwide sale or just local ? i cant seem to find any info as to this sale , theyre listed at 149 $ when i go to their site ! i deff wanna do the swap and this would be a great time to get one

is this a nationwide sale or just local ? i cant seem to find any info as to this sale , theyre listed at 149 $ when i go to their site ! i deff wanna do the swap and this would be a great time to get one
Sign up for their email list. I just received their "Tent Sale" email and they have the Predator 6.5 for $129.95

Just got mine for $99.
I also just found out (the hard way) that it won't fit in my "new" doodlebug frame. Let the cutting and welding begin. Nothing is ever easy. *sigh*

Off to try to find a thread about a Pred install into a "New-style" DB30.

Wish me luck.

D

Brooklyn Bob

Just got back from Harbor Freight. They had 2 pallets of them for $99.00. I took home one of them for a new project. I tried to use the 20% off coupon but wasn't able to use it on the tent sale merchandise. But for $99.00 it was a steal deal!

fonz

The grandson got a slightly used fox go-cart this moring. Engine started ok ran good but didn't want to idle well and it just didn't have the power it should have. A newer Tecumseh 5 hp. It's 4:45. I call HF and ask what time they close and if they still have any Predator 6.5hp left. Plenty they tell me. It's a 20 mile drive for me I pull in, grab a cart, throw an engine in the cart then look at the sign...$79.99......80 Bucks!!! Holy Shamolys!!!!......I already had a virgin Greyhound and a virgin Predator both still in the unopened box sitting on the floor in tha garage........dang....I wanted to buy at least one more but I didn't. I installed one in my Baja Warrior with a Comet series 30 Tav about a month ago...what a smoooooooth unit!!
$80 Bucks I'm still amazed!!

Last edited: