Honda CT70HE from 1970

cfh

just at some point you will sell the bike... or your widow/wife will sell it! so best to keep the serial numbers "stock" with the original "H" frame if you can. i understand what you're saying, but it's still worth it to try and keep the original frame with the original motor, if at all possible.

cfh

but it's not just the value we're talking about. it's the integrity of the bike. they are only original once. and making changes (and changing the entire frame is a big change that is not reversible), is just a bad idea. Unless there's some really good reason for it. seriously at some point someone will care about this change... and will mumble, "why did the guy before me change the frame??" yea sure you don't care now, but at some point, it will become an issue. trust me... been there, done that...

nightgrider

I found this in the web: Crazy prices :rolleyes:.
I start working in the ignition system : the coil is not connected :mad:...
View attachment 308379
Yeah prices be nuts on CT70's especially the H's. This garbage basket case is going to cost me too much to get moving again and I'm not even doing a full restoration. The nostalgia hits hard for CT70's and that has driven the prices up.

Attachments

Divouneh

I have seen the same defect in 2 frames : Is it common ?
I thought my frame was bent with such defect and my rear wheel not in ligne.
The original swingarm is really bent (I did some tests) , but the frame seems not too bad :rolleyes:.
I am waiting another swingarm, to see if the rear wheel will be straight :confused:.
IMG_3671.jpg
IMG_3672.jpg

Divouneh

I received a new old swingarm :rolleyes:, now the wheel is straight.
But the top of the frame is bent, the shocks will not been straight. :mad:
I will use the used frame I bought from Ebay :confused:.

IMG_3717.jpg

Eric that's too bad you have to switch out the frame, at least you have one to switch to !

I think hink you are on the right track.

Keep up the good work, and keep us posted.

nightgrider

I have seen the same defect in 2 frames : Is it common ?
I thought my frame was bent with such defect and my rear wheel not in ligne.
The original swingarm is really bent (I did some tests) , but the frame seems not too bad :rolleyes:.
I am waiting another swingarm, to see if the rear wheel will be straight :confused:.
View attachment 308629
View attachment 308630
My frame looks pretty good in that area, but also a bit different. Though being a later model I know honda changed a few small things on the frames as time went on.

Attachments

Last edited:

Divouneh

ignition is now working :), I moved the condenser out side the ignition area.
The point I bought is not fitting in place ( despite I when to an Honda dealer :confused:).
To replace the coil, it's a nightmare :mad:...
Now it's time to work in the carburetor, and inlet manifold ( bolts are broken)...
I want to run the engine before removing it for the next frame :rolleyes: