honda G200 flat head

I've got one on an old log splitter I was planing on using for something eventually but haven't gotten around to it yet. I took the stock carb off (rusted beyond repair) and used one off an old lawn boy 2-stroke to get it running.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
They don't make aftermarket parts for that motor. So to modify it, it will be a lot of one off fabrication work.

The deck height is a little shorter than a briggs 5hp, about 1/4" shorter.

Dug this one from under then bench.... Good compression, good spark, ran off bottle, needs carb cleaned and recoil. Awaiting a project.

Strong engine but as stated no suport.

Mike Clements has built some of these with modified billet parts.

I built one in the 80s with stock parts.

I feel it was better than a stock briggs.

yea i know all about them. i helped a friend about 20 year ago build a couple of these for karts in open class. i think he got some parts from mike back then. we made one a tall deck. we used horstman stroker briggs cranks. also use 3hp briggs flywheel and coil. I don't think i would build one very wild. just mildly built. With Z50 wheels , forks. seat and tank. try and make a honda mini bike??????? some people would beleive it was real!

Back in the day ( that would be the dark ages before the internet and cell phone ) the idea of 4 stroke flat head was an alien concept up here in Canada.

The MAC was still king and very few people ran 4 strokes.

As I recall even the briggs flat head was not common we had the 2 strokes and G200 for guys that wanted 4 stroke in a controlled class.

There was nothing controlled about the MACs.
It was balls to the wall what ever you could keep in one piece for the race.

TImes however changed and the rules became absolutely stupid.
The idea of stock was cheating and not getting caught.
Even I tried my hand at building a G200 cheater motor, and then a full blown modified G motor with very little success.

Then came the GX motors.
They were tuner's wet dream but the costs were absolutely unbeleiveable for a GX160.

THank you China for clones is all I can say.