Hooked Newbie!!

Hey guys,

New to the forum and hobby. Had my first ride 3 days ago, and I'm totally hooked along with both my boys. My 11 year old was visiting a neighbors moving out yard sale and was given a mini bike. It had been sitting for years not running, but we finally got it going. All it needed was a good carb cleaning/tune up, pull start repair and we were :scooter:

We have been riding every day. Even the wife came out and joined the fun. I used to ride 600cc and 1000cc back in the day, but never a mini. Didn't realize how much fun they could be:smile:

Based on my research, it is a Manco Thunderbird, early mid 90's. It has a Tecumseh 3.5 engine that idles smooth and pulls hard. I am 190lbs, and hit 33mph on my radar gun and averaged 29/30 every pass. If my elven year old would wind it out, he could hit at least 35/36 being only 90lbs.

The bike is very comfortable for me 6ft, and has excellent front and rear shocks. I did some research for adding a hand break, but had no luck. That is the only upgrade I would do, everything else is cosmetic. Gonna be picking up my 2nd mini bike real soon, just have to make a decision what route to take. A few pics.

C9H13NO3

If you really wanted to, you could add a clutch brake in addition to your scrub brake. Clutch brakes have a band that goes around the clutch and "squeezes" the clutch when you pull the lever. The only downside is if you throw your chain, you lose your brakes. If you are interested in a clutch brake setup I have one that you can have for $10 shipped.

If you really wanted to, you could add a clutch brake in addition to your scrub brake. Clutch brakes have a band that goes around the clutch and "squeezes" the clutch when you pull the lever. The only downside is if you throw your chain, you lose your brakes. If you are interested in a clutch brake setup I have one that you can have for $10 shipped.
If you are talking about one of these, with lever and hardware, yes I am interested. I have a clutch guard plate installed that may have enough room for me to tap into. Thanks

C9H13NO3

That is what I am talking about, except there is no lever, but a cable is included. I could probably find a lever if I searched around my parts piles. I'll keep you posted.