How BIG is too BIG for a BIG wheeled mini

I knew this hobby was contageous, only being so far from you lot I though my strain was less contageous. Not so.
My neighbour now wants to build a minibike and popped round on Saturday and said. Here's my wheels can you help design a frame:scared:

These puppies are 22inch in diameter have 11 inch rims and the rear is 11inches wide. He asked that the seat hight be about the same as mine so his kid can also ride as he gets older.

Quickly banged in the wheel size on the cad drawing of my mini - There HUGE

He has a full set from a quad that siezed on a farm, two front, two rear full ali rims.
So are they too BIG?
Should we trade for smaller?

Hey Dan sounds like another cool project and even better to get someone else involved and have a riding buddy.
There was a fair amount of big tired bikes that used 22x11x8 tires the manco big cat for one.

I know you like strange stuff like me lol so how about a reverse trike!

Anyway as long as you use a jackshaft it should move
Keep us posted lol
Rob

Good Advice lads,

That first Pic Rob has justed helped out, he wants the bike seat low to the ground like mine 24inches if possible, thats easy for the rear, but the neck is a problem. See in you pic they raise the frame just before the front wheel.

Had a crack at another drawing and designing from scratch works better than trying to convert my old drawing. That trailmate is cool, looks like normal car tyres.

Think this would look great with some panier racks.

Smallbore

I have 4 of these.... Does this count ? It`s still a pull start and torque converter (auto clutch).
Wheels are 15" and tires are 8 x 15 x 25".

Last edited:
Thanks Everyone,

Some awesome pics, I like the slanted frame Deesel sent.
It's a difficult design choice because the bike is not for me and my neighbour wants his kid to be able to ride it aswell.

Brilliant input though - man I love this site:thumbsup:

Last edited:

toomanytoys

Thanks Everyone,

Some awesome pics, I like the slanted frame Deesel sent.
It's a difficult design choice because the bike is not for me and my neighbour wants his kid to be able to ride it aswell.

Brilliant input though - man I love this site:thumbsup:
Thats a super bronc frame without the suspension seat mounted.