How Do I Take These Shocks Apart?

mustangfrank

Not Sebac. Dang, not disassemble-able. Lol.
I've taken similar shocks apart but not that specific type, usually the spring seat is slotted or the eye is screwed on to a central threaded rod...they're not rebuildable but the spring can be taken out for cleaning/swapping/refinishing etc. Best advice was already offered, Google minibike shock disassembly under videos until you see that type shock...or for 20 bucks a pop just replace 'em.

Rooster63

I've taken similar shocks apart but not that specific type, usually the spring seat is slotted or the eye is screwed on to a central threaded rod...they're not rebuildable but the spring can be taken out for cleaning/swapping/refinishing etc. Best advice was already offered, Google minibike shock disassembly under videos until you see that type shock...or for 20 bucks a pop just replace 'em.
If the bottom is what you are calling the eye, even if I could get that off, it wouldn’t help me.

mustangfrank

If the bottom is what you are calling the eye, even if I could get that off, it wouldn’t help me.
Like I said, I haven't messed with those specific shocks...they installed the spring somehow though. I was referring to the top eye and/or the spring seat...for instance I have a set of CT70 knockoff shocks the top eye will just rotate but there is a nut visible though the bottom of the spring once I got a wrench on allowed me to take them apart (I was removing the top spring shields in my instance).

Rooster63

Like I said, I haven't messed with those specific shocks...they installed the spring somehow though. I was referring to the top eye and/or the spring seat...for instance I have a set of CT70 knockoff shocks the top eye will just rotate but there is a nut visible though the bottom of the spring once I got a wrench on allowed me to take them apart (I was removing the top spring shields in my instance).
I understand.