How fast?

I am now kind of getting used to the posting process and thought I would share this with you all. What this is is a current day PVP 250 Superkart. My dad and I have been campaigning it here in California for the past 7 years or so. It is something we both do together and for me its good quality time together. We don't run it that much these days "2 or 3 times a year" because of the cost to get to the tracks up north and lodging. NCK "Northern California karters" is the closest club to run these days and half of their races are pretty far for us to go to. The Kart is powered by a 4dp model yamaha TZ250 V-Twin GP bike engine and will get the thing up around 135mph on a good tune up and the wind at my back. It's a stable ride and I love running only a few seconds slower than 250-500k race cars around almost any given track. We look forward to running at Mazda Laguna Seca the most. We will be there in Sept I think running as a part of a big race weekend with the Grand Am series. My fastest lap at laguna was a 1:32 a few years ago which put me 6th in class and 9th overall. We were just hoping to make the top 10 that weekend. We were happy!
Hope you like it. If your curiosity is aroused do a web search on 250 superkarts.com It is a very comprehensive site and world wide info on the class.

I remember when Kathy Hartman's lap time around the then Ontario Motor Speedway was faster than the qualifying time for one of the big races there.
Nothing more scary to me than to come out of a turn in a lay-down enduro under full control and have to move up to the track wall. And of course you weren't always alone in that turn. I know Kathy didn't have them but she sure did it BALLS TO THE WALL
Steve :scooter: