How to adjust a TAV 2?

Just installed a TAV-2 w/stock 2200rpm engagement, on a 205cc Briggs Gross Torque with 8.75 ft/lbs at 3600 RPM. I think its great, and climbs hills like nobody's business, but my friend who is about 100 lbs heavier doesn't like the mid range torque. Preferred the Max Torque for that.

I have read that they are adjustable, but haven't been able to find any good info on how to do that. The instructions that came with it are weak at best, and mention nothing.

I know that I need to increase the spring tension on the rear belt sprocket, to keep it staying larger longer, but am not sure how. Looks like replace the spring with a heavier one, or perhaps tighten the lock nut holding it on. Its at work at the moment or I would try that, but figured since I wont see it for a day or two, would ask here first. Thanks!

There should be 3 different holes for the end of the spring to go in. By moving it to the next hole, you're actually winding the spring tighter, or adding pre-load.

Great, I'll take a look at that. We're getting (hopefully) our 250cc Briggs motors in tomorrow, and will start mocking them up with the TAV-2's tomorrow afternoon. Will take a look at them then. Thanks!