How To Ship a Complete Minibike

Mr Ed

I have searched these forums and found random information on shipping but no real How To area. I wish there was a thread with instructions, photos of packing crates, recommended shippers, etc in one easy to follow guide. Do I need a box or a crate? What is the average weight of a standard minibike? Do I take it to a loading dock or will the shipper come to my house? Will delivery be to a house without loading dock? Does the bike always have to be dissassembled? How much money to send a mini from NY to LA? Could one of you minibike gurus experienced in shipping assemble a how to guide?

I have seen shipping quotes as low as $125 halfway across the country via UPS but as high as $695 left to right and vica-versa! It depends on the shipper and how it is packaged, I would weigh one and go around getting quotes! Greyhound bus lines are a fairly competative shipper as well! This is a tough question with many answers, so do the research and tell us all what you find! In my experience most sellers on ebay simply will not ship, on the other hand baja and other manufacturers ship theirs all over the country! Good Luck I have yet to have one shipped!

I have shipped and received lot's of minibikes. If the bike is restored I require when I buy it or build if I'm shipping a wooden crate. If it's a parts bike, a complete beater or an original bike that's already a little banged up I break it down as much as possible and use a cardboard box wrapped with clear shipping tape and have never had a problem that way. I take it to the UPS Store. Last bike I shipped out in December weighed 225lbs and cost $200 from MA to CA in 2 boxes. There is a size and weight limit with the UPS Store. I shipped a Boonie roller to OK in 1 box for $125. I forgot the weight. I can't always find the correct size box so sometimes I make it out of cardboard. If you use enough shipping tape it will never fall apart. I also have received items from companied that I sent directly to the house to pick up some bigger ATV's and go cart's. They usually charge an additional fee for a lift gate ($50).

jeep4me

I shipped a Heald trail bronc rolling frame from MI to AZ via greyhound express, weighed 90lbs (100lb max) for $74. Shipped a Fox Doodlebug frame from MI to TX the same way weighed 75lbs for $48. Both of them took under 4 days. But shipping thru greyhound means that they only ship from terminal to terminal (and not every terminal accepts packages, so you may have to drive to the closest one that does).

Mr Ed

The buyer of this mini has changed plans and will not be picking it up, looking for the best, easiest way to send it from Louisville, KY to Memphis, TN.

The buyer of this mini has changed plans and will not be picking it up, looking for the best, easiest way to send it from Louisville, KY to Memphis, TN.

i have had good luck with uship.com they will pick it up at your place
del it to were you wont,no packing,iwould have blankets to cover it,pull
air cleaner/carb if you wont,BUT its realy up to the buyer to contac them
so your are not to blame if someting were to happen,type in uship.com
then youl see what i mean,good luck, wk :smile: