How's Your 4th Weekend

Well I figure I'd erase the first post. I think it got duplicated when the thread was moved fom General MiniBike. Glad to see everyone is having a great weekend. How about the West Coat guys?

Jesse

Last edited:
Mine has been great. Got up, played with the granddaughter, ZZ for awhile, rolled the Super Powell into my Mini Hauler, and headed off to an Indus park owned by my father in law for a little riding. David had me make a few carb adjustments, ( via phone, Knoxville to Wilmington) and I had a blast. That little Honda GX 200 of mine saw 7700 rpms pulling my 210 lbs, and could pop wheelies at 30 mph. Cool bike my brother built. Oyea the engine was built by NR Racing, very cool motor.

O. Well, what fun things did y'all do today?

Jesse[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Well mine was good also ,finally got my honda GX160 sorted out . The mikuni 22 has been giving me trouble and now motor starts and idles fine and revs to the moon . with a black momba cam , champion rockers , stainless valves , 26 lb springs , arc rod and PVL flywheel , and a ported 14cc head , and flat top honda piston . All of this is going on my powell E model , its time to wake it up .

Neck

Growing up is optional
I got another Taco 44 frame from Mac today then we went and got burgers. I had to work yesterday:shrug:

I just gotta have a Hodaka powered Taco!

I've been off of work since Thursday and it feels great!!! The girlfriends parents had a cook out Thursday night and my parents had a cook out on Friday. We got to keep a lot of the leftovers :thumbsup: got a lot of work done on my briggs project that needed to get done. But with any project the more you get into it the more you find out new things and parts that you need. Had a great weekend to say the least. Tomorrow I'm heading to my great grandfathers estate to put more of his many things on eBay and Craigslist. Also to pick up a Thomas Edison phonograph that's been passed down to me.:smile:

MB165

Good, safe weekend so far....I ended up mowing the lawn, sold a motorcycle, bought some parts online and painted the kids sheetmetal.........

delray

i went to a car show today with my baja/briggs bike. i thought my cousin was going to be there too ,but no show for him? must of been busy working on buckeye's bike.......:rolleyes:

delray

no not my car . just park next to a cool 55 chevy. i seen the spot open next to it. made a good back ground for my bike......:thumbsup:
i will look for that thread........:thumbsup: next year will be a better year for your son to ride. someday i would like to bring my son to windber too...:thumbsup:

65ShelbyClone

I watched a bunch of quail dirt bathe outside my kitchen window and now I'm enjoying the end of a growler of Anacapa Brewery Double IPA. Why, however, is really depressing, so I'll not go there.

Tomorrow I'm probably going to work on furthering the EFI conversion on my car or start making some GX390 ratio rockers. That, or maybe I'll just kick around online and take a nap in front of the swamp cooler like I did today. :thumbsup: Haed to do much better when it's 100° both outside and in the shop.

toomanytoys

Wednesday finished up work and took the girlfriend, her daughter, girlfriends sister, and her friend to the fireworks. Got soaked twice in big cloud burst. Finally the fireworks started and all the girls minus my girlfriend piles on me to watch them. Weird how life changes.

Thursday we did nothing. I worked on my project in the house and watched some movies. Rained almost all day.

Friday we all packed in the car with my parents and went to amish country. Almost brought home a white bull dog puppy...

Saturday went to a cookout at my girlfriends aunts house. Then went to a fair and watch tractor pulls and rode a camel. I swear the 3 year wanted to ride the cam el not me....:shrug:

Today I plan on doing nothing. Probabpy be tood I have to do something.

Not a long weekend for me. I had to work on Friday. But on the 4th we went to see the local parade, which was nice. Friday night I rode my little Honda Passport around the neighborhood. On Saturday I spent the day taking pictures at the TT races in Castle Rock, Washington. Today my wife and I are going on an outing to ride bicycles and maybe buy a new clothes dryer. That last part has me on the edge of my seat just thinking about it. Sorta makes me all sweaty, too. :laugh:

On Thursday, we had dinner with my folks, ages 96 and 92, then came back home and spent the day chillin. Friday morning was warm so I called my friend to see if a motorcycle ride for breakfast was sounding good to him? It was but our plans changed as he rode in our driveway, another friend called and asked for help because his boat sank during the night. So we loaded up and went to help him get his boat up and out of the water. When I got home it was to start spraying the wheat for leaf diseases, and went until dark, then back up at 4:45 in the morning to start spraying again. Finally today (Sunday) we got a bike ride in and put on 190 miles.:scooter: Now it feels like a holiday weekend:smile:

65ShelbyClone

Well that's kind of neat. I'd like to see a picture. My chickens do that, too.
I saw chickens do it before I ever saw a quail do it. They like the dirt to be cool and ever so slightly damp.

I've seen them take a bath in water before, too. Talk about rare occurrences.