Hs40

I'm looking for a clean, rebuilt or NOS Tecumseh hs40 for a 76 sears fielder i have. My crank has major end play and is about to crater. Let me know what you may have available. Thanks!

Attachments

1971_MB1A

I'm looking for a clean, rebuilt or NOS Tecumseh hs40 for a 76 sears fielder i have. My crank has major end play and is about to crater. Let me know what you may have available. Thanks!
First off,how much end play do you have ? Did you check it with a dial indicator ? .005-.027 should be within spec on that engine. Why not just repair/rebuild what you have,as it shouldn't be all that involved.

First off,how much end play do you have ? Did you check it with a dial indicator ? .005-.027 should be within spec on that engine. Why not just repair/rebuild what you have,as it shouldn't be all that involved.
Its enough that it broke the flywheel and makes a severe noise while running. I will assume that the cases is also damaged now. I have several other projects and it would be a time saver to just swap this one and go. I wish I had time to fix it now but I don't.