Hydraulic brake upgrade- revisited

I have read many previous threads on how superior the performance is. With the upgrades we have made in our 2 DBs, and resulting increase in power and speed, for safety's sake its time to take the plunge and upgrade. My questions to those of you who have installed them:
1. Are they really and truly a SIMPLE "bolt-on" replacement (as claimed), w/o any modifications needed?
2. How are they holding up with time/use- any problems?
3. Which parts supplier are most of you purchasing from?
Thanks for your input.:scooter:

Yes they are super easy to install.

Use the shim washers to align the caliper to your rotor. The kit uses the same holes your old brake used (bolt-on). BTW, you can get the handle bar grip off easiest with compressed air. Put the nozzle between the grip and the handle bar and it will float right off. Use a few zip ties to route your cable to the frame like the old one.

Mine has held up pretty good so far after about 20 or so hours of riding so far. Though I may order a HD pad upgrade kit.

Got mine from hot rod minibike- Mini Bike Hyd Brake Syst

This is one of the best upgrades you can do to your DB. I can lock up my tire on pavement on my clone powered DB with my 225lbs going down hill. Adds a lot of confidence. In fact I just ordered 2 more hydraulic brake sets for our other 2 DB's. The only thing you will regret is that you didn't get one sooner.

Besides doing the swap to the 6.5hp clone engine, this has been the best upgrade. The install took me 20 minutes to do and it is fun to lockup the rear and slide.

Yes,
it's a very simple bolt on procedure. N they hold up just fine, but over time the fluid in the brakes break down so you'll need to replace the fluid. You won't need to worry about that for a while though. :laugh:

fonz

Besides doing the swap to the 6.5hp clone engine, this has been the best upgrade
I totally agree. When Rude Dog came up with this two years ago It was the the second best idea next to CJTMINI's kit. The brakes finally fit the horse power.
I don't remember having to take the handle grip off though? I thought it was just two screws to get the old brake assembly off and two to put the new assembly on. Oh well my gray matter is going fast!!

I don't remember having to take the handle grip off though? I thought it was just two screws to get the old brake assembly off and two to put the new assembly on. Oh well my gray matter is going fast!!
i don't remember taking off the grip either.

Neck

Growing up is optional
Bolts right up, bleeding the system was about the most difficult part!

I routed my brake hose under the motor plate after this pic was taken.

How much effort would it be to that to the front wheel?

You guys have ride a 165 with a front brake mod to fully graspe the improvement in stopping power.

Bolts right up, bleeding the system was about the most difficult part!

I routed my brake hose under the motor plate after this pic was taken.
I dig the recoil Neck! My Dad (supernova) loosened his hydraulic line on the caliper and rotated it so it went up the rear tube then crossed over under the seat and tank to the bars and it looks much cleaner with plenty of reach (see his photos), also the plastic line wont get oil on it and shorten the life of it. Just a thought bud.:thumbsup:

Neck

Growing up is optional
My line would have been too short for that, besides, Real Honda engines don't leak!! LOL. The shroud is a product of hatred for the GC's stock shroud! (and a little boredom)