hydrolic brake

I was looking at a pocket bike today that was in my schools shop. Ohh and before i start. I HATE pocket bikes and id never....EVER own one.
Any ways. I was looking at its brakes. These things got sweet brakes! There mini hydrolic ones! how sick is that? thatd be perfect for a mini bike. And they work damn good. Very. I was rolling around on it and i can ease the brakes or completely lock the tire up hardly pulling the brake lever. Maby this could be sumthing i should try out when i build a replica CAT 300x frame?

It looks somthing like this right here-

Last edited:
did it have a cable or hose going to it i used to have a gas scooter with dual disk brakes up front that was the cable type

It had a hose going to it from a reservoir filed with brake fluid. Is a pretty sweet set up. Im gonna see if i can get a set.

i swiped a set from a pocket bike, and im putting it on a mini. i just need to figure out the mount.
sweet man! let us know how that works out for you :thumbsup:

With any hydraulic brakes it is always the mounting that is the hard part . ether the caliper or the disc has to float to compensate for wear of the pads. To mount a caliper on a mini bike you need to have big wheels like 8 inch Douglas and you have to build a hub.
What I would suggest is to put the disc on the jack shaft and use a twin piston caliper like a Martin go kart or 1/4 Midget caliper, and cut down a 6 inch disc to 5 inches .
And then install a double row drive sprocket on the rear wheel and use double row 41 chain that way you have a lot less stress on the chain and because of the built in ratio between the wheel and the jack shaft it will stop on the proverbial dime.
My Tri-Sport RTS-440 trike that ran 13 inch Falcon wheels and would do over 80 MPH off Road had real problems in desert racing until we went to dual row chain.
Rokon Trail Breakers use a mechanical 4 inch disc to stop that big off road bike. with the twin piston caliper their is no need to float the parts. Steve

The rear sprockets bolted together with the proper spacing between them and precision reaming of the bolt holes and lock nuts should work. We did the Tri-Sports with #40 double row chain and still used a chain guard made out of 1 1/2 inch X 1 1/2 angle iron under the sprockets but we were often hitting huge boulders in the heat of the race across the open Mojave Desert.
I liked all the pictures of Yellohand's fine machines and his workmanship.
Steve