i did a 6.5 swap

jessez

on my doodlebug, but i didnt buy the plate i lined up the chain and drilled the holes and made channels to slide the engien when needed to tightin the chain.

my question is what is the advantages of the plate yes i know it took me alot longer to do it this way but from what i see from the plate it doesnt give me many more benifits than this.

does it provide rigidity?

i do plan on gusseting my frame around the motor plate soon but for now it works good with my set up

vette66_00

As far a strength goes, there are some around here running 15+ HP motors on the stock plate without a problem. Going on a couple years of riding them hard. It may add strength but the plate does not need it.

Plate

The Pro Mod adaptor easily adapts a 6.5hp engine to a Doodlebug mini bike. Allows side to side adjustment as well as forward and back adjustment making chain alignment very simple when installing Pro Mods jackshaft assembly. Makes stock motor plate become more rigid. I have one and it is of the best quality. A must for a Hot Rod Doodlebug with a jackshaft.

jessez

ok thanks for the replys i thought it is prob strong enough but when i get around to cutting a welding i am just going to do the gusset