I don't get it...

OldMan

How so many grown peoples can be so faint about steel tubing that's younger than they.

Doodlebugs, Baja's, or the odd Murray-clone... vs the rusty frames of yore?

Really, is that all we have to worry about? :eek:ut:

Seems it would be better to welcome ANY mini-bike enthusiast rather than shun those who haven't searched the local yard-sales for a rusted-relic.

And clones vs flat heads? :doah:

More silliness, to me, but what the hell do I know... I mean I'm dumb enough to enjoy some of each!

YMMV :thefinger:

Should it not be focused on a group of people who have found a way to have a lot of fun inexpensively? I don't care whether Chinese or US. We have a great forum through the generosity of Hent. It’s all about the ride for me. I loved restoring the Tote Gote, but my next purchase may be a Doodle Bug with a 6.5.:scooter:

Should it not be focused on a group of people who have found a way to have a lot of fun inexpensively? I don't care whether Chinese or US. We have a great forum through the generosity of Hent. It’s all about the ride for me. I loved restoring the Tote Gote, but my next purchase may be a Doodle Bug with a 6.5.:scooter:
You're right Dave. It should be, and most likely was meant to be, focused on a group of people. People who like "OLD" MINIBIKES. I'm sure the word "OLD" was included in the name of the site for the purpose of directing the discussions toward "OLD" minibikes. Otherwise it could have been called; minibikes, or pocketbikes, or trail bikes, or whatever other kind of bikes dot com. Using Old Man's logic, one might sign into a site like Symphonic Clarinet.com and have to wade through discussions about heavy metal bands, punk rock, the Fugs, and bagpipes. What the hell, it's all music anyway, isn't it? Somehow the Fugs (google it) just don't fit in with the spirit of a clarinet site. And that's sort of how I feel about OldMiniBikes. I'm not trying to second guess Hent. I'm just thankful for this site. But you guys expressed your opinion and I'm expressing mine.

people just want something to bitch about. that's all there is too it. most of the DB and honda/clone stuff stays in their own sections. if you don't like it, don't go there. i don't really give a shit about the vintage stuff so i just don't read it.

it's mostly the new people that can't figure out how to post something in the correct section. why not give them shit instead? oh yeah, we have to be nice to them so we don't drive anyone away. :rolleyes:

mini99

What about guys that build custom bikes. I had a DB and sold it, now I would love to have an old Taco but I'm not payin what everyone thinks they're worth. So I build my own stuff, It's not new, so where do I fit in. Theres a million ways to argue this topic.
I say who gives a :censure: go out and ride your :censure:ing minibike.:scooter::thumbsup:

You're right Dave. It should be, and most likely was meant to be, focused on a group of people. People who like "OLD" MINIBIKES. I'm sure the word "OLD" was included in the name of the site for the purpose of directing the discussions toward "OLD" minibikes. Otherwise it could have been called; minibikes, or pocketbikes, or trail bikes, or whatever other kind of bikes dot com. Using Old Man's logic, one might sign into a site like Symphonic Clarinet.com and have to wade through discussions about heavy metal bands, punk rock, the Fugs, and bagpipes. What the hell, it's all music anyway, isn't it? Somehow the Fugs (google it) just don't fit in with the spirit of a clarinet site. And that's sort of how I feel about OldMiniBikes. I'm not trying to second guess Hent. I'm just thankful for this site. But you guys expressed your opinion and I'm expressing mine.
X2

Couldnt have said it better myself. :thumbsup:

Hey just keep it separated! Some of us want to go to the "old mini bike" section and not have to wade through DB/clone crap and the fast food attitude it brings with it..

I mean common! How many threads have we seen that are like who's going to make a sprocket for me? Who can mount my engine for me? Can someone wipe my bottom because I don't want my hand to stink. :thefinger:

It's more of a symbol of the times,,, both times,,,,

Old school>> you earned it doing paper routes, mowing lawns,, Building stuff like kits where very popular, if you didn't have something,,, you built it, if it broke,,, you fixed it. Half of my favorite toys as a kid where home made.

New school >> buy it now, it better be quick, they better have it in stock! it better work! ...... throw it away and buy another when it stops working right.

As for clone engines, they look better on clone bikes. Ever seen a Honda engine in a 1940's Harley? GACK! put a similie face on an old painting? Kinda disrespectful even. Don't we try to preserve our history and monuments to remember the times?

So for me, it's more of the "mentality" than the object itself. So to all you old school guys out there,, keep saving them old bikes and thank Gawd someone didn't throw it away when it stopped working! :thumbsup:

It's really a simple machine. DON'T GO TO THE SECTIONS YOU DON'T LIKE! If you see a thread about a DB or a clone motor don't read it. It's not that hard.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I think it's all about the price Vs the the quality.
The older frames have rust, may have cracks, are more expensive, and are harder to find.
The new stuff is just the opposite, it's brand new.

The same goes for the clones, there cheaper in price, you get more power, and will last longer before a rebuild. They offer a low oil cut off, kill switch, and some are even electric start. Brand new with a warranty. Older old school motors have to be rebuilt, and don't make as much power for what your spending.

I think it's all about the price Vs the the quality.
The older frames have rust, may have cracks, are more expensive, and are harder to find.
The new stuff is just the opposite, it's brand new.

The same goes for the clones, there cheaper in price, you get more power, and will last longer before a rebuild. They offer a low oil cut off, kill switch, and some are even electric start. Brand new with a warranty. Older old school motors have to be rebuilt, and don't make as much power for what your spending.
Actually the older bike are everywhere (as we see here dally )and many cheaper than a new DB, but don't expect to find them in one day (now!)( My last one was $30 BTW). Some may have rust but clean up perfect few have cracks and most are just as strong if not stronger and test proven for 40 years.

As for engines, fat heads are everywhere cheap! (again takes more than a day to find them (now!) So whats the power to $$ ratio on a good running $20 5HP briggs? :laugh: That leave cash for a rod and some tweaks don't it? I know you can make 8+ HP out of one at little cost you bastage! :thefinger:

Actually the older bike are everywhere (as we see here dally )and many cheaper than a new DB, but don't expect to find them in one day (now!)( My last one was $30 BTW). Some may have rust but clean up perfect few have cracks and most are just as strong if not stronger and test proven for 40 years.

As for engines, fat heads are everywhere cheap! (again takes more than a day to find them (now!) So whats the power to $$ ratio on a good running $20 5HP briggs? :laugh: That leave cash for a rod and some tweaks don't it? I know you can make 8+ HP out of one at little cost you bastage! :thefinger:
Again X2

Thanks GTO, i dont have to say anything. :thumbsup:

you old minibike guy's are just looking for something to bitch about again and again and again. enough already this is a MINIBIKE SITE . it does not matter what brand or year or motor it is about minibikes in general that's all . so pull up your little girl panties , pull out the tampons and stop bitching your starting to sound like a bunch of middle aged women always looking to start an argument over nothing , let the dead horse lie in it's grave and get some peace .opinions are like assholes we all have one and we don't need another one .:thefinger: have a nice day and enjoy your MINIBIKES !!!!

you old minibike guy's are just looking for something to bitch about again and again and again. enough already this is a MINIBIKE SITE . it does not matter what brand or year or motor it is about minibikes in general that's all . so pull up your little girl panties , pull out the tampons and stop bitching your starting to sound like a bunch of middle aged women always looking to start an argument over nothing , let the dead horse lie in it's grave and get some peace .opinions are like assholes we all have one and we don't need another one .:thefinger: have a nice day and enjoy your MINIBIKES !!!!
You mean like "minibikes in general.com"? Maybe there should be a "Old mini bike" section since the "general" section ain't working, even with a DB section! Do you see any classic bikes spamming the DB section? :eek:ut:

Yet another poster that has nothing to say and can't take debate. so tamp it back in. :thumbsup: