I don't have the first one done and now...

JBible

I like your pink scooter. Iv been keeping an eye out for one of those to convert to gas power :laugh: or maybe just a really fast electric
Jeep are you jealous of my girls pink scooter? My wife picked two of them up for $50 each for my girls last December.

hell yea. I have a electric scooter Its not pink but I still love it. Cruise the neighborhood almost every day on it :thumbsup:
My girls love them. They go about 15 MPH which is pretty quick for such a small scooter. I had to replace the batteries in on of them (which aren't cheep) I can't imagine putting a bigger electric motor in it. The batteries would be dead in no time.
My son Seth who owns the first mini I bought told his sisters we were going to give them the mini choppers and get rid of their scooters and they both got very upset and cried. I wasn't there to correct him.:hammer:

You picked a good one there :thumbsup:
Thanks for your help. What makes the Bonanza a good mini bike? When it comes to everything I have seen on this site, there really only seem to be a few different categories or types of mini bikes, those with suspension and those without. Now I may be speaking from complete ignorance. If so let me know. I'm here to learn as much as I can.
By the way I picked up this one for $40. The guy said the motor runs great (it has no oil or gas in it:shrug:) I plan to put a 6.5 hp predator motor on it I bought just in case the 3 hp motor didn't work on sons project.

Last edited:
Like I said that is a Bonanza,it even has Bonanza Kidney bean wheels on it.I would say you got a good deal on it for $40 bucks.If for some reason you don't want to keep it, I will buy it off you.The original jackshaft plates were cut off and the scrub brake was added.

Last edited:
.The original jackshaft plates were cut off and the scrub brake was added.
Why would someone do that? There is no suspension and the wheel gear is on the same side for direct drive. Why would it have had a jack shaft on it from the factory? If it didn't have a scrub brake to begin with how did it stop?

Why would someone do that? There is no suspension and the wheel gear is on the same side for direct drive. Why would it have had a jack shaft on it from the factory? If it didn't have a scrub brake to begin with how did it stop?
Message - Old Mini Bikes Photo Gallery

They did, here is one just like the one you have...all Bonanza models had jack shaft plates from the factory.

Message - Old Mini Bikes Photo Gallery

here is a better pic.This one still has its scrub brake where it should be.

Last edited: