i finally got it back!

probably about a year ago i sold Injuntom this one red mini bike i had (first pic). i went over to his place today and traded my Cat Eliminator roller for the frame and front end off of it. i stuck an old wheel i had on the rear just so it would sit up easier. it's a big frame and that's a 13x5-6 tire on the rear.

i'm planning on turning it into a drag bike with a nicely modded GX390 eventually. it's going to cost a lot so it's going to take awhile to finish.

there's no talking any sense into me. i'm a honda/clone fanboy. :lol:

i did have fun riding around on his MTD (i think that's what it was) with a 3.5 in it.

his track is fun and there's all sorts of cool places to ride where he lives. i want to go back with my DB once i have the clone in it and running properly again.

I really liked that frame and never understood why you sold it. :doah:

I'd put the big tires on it. :thumbsup: The Big Honda's are HUGE and heavy! Think mine is 11 HP. I got one on CL but haven't messed with it, it was on a high end pressure washer with a water pump that looked like it exploded so look for those cheap. I think I paid $75 for that and a 3.5 briggs as a package deal. Briggs was like new and the Honda needs a carb float gasket and valve guide (piece of metal) But both run strong.

i sold it because it just sat at my work since i can't fit in in my durango with the front wheel on. now i've got a hitch mount hauler so moving it isn't an issue. i also like this frame because one of the big hondas will fit in it. i'll probably run one of the 8" spinner wheels on the front (same style that was on it) and a good size slick on the rear.

the biggest issue is going to be figuring out a brake. i'd like to run a disc but i'm not sure how much of a pain in the ass it will be. i might just go with a scrub brake. it does have the stuff for a band brake on it, but i hated the one it had.

i actually took the 5" front wheel off the Bird Duck just to see how it would look. i kind of like that size it plus it keeps the frame nice and low. turning will suck but it's just going to be a straight line bike anyways.

i'm also thinking about putting a wide kart tire on the rear.

Last edited: