I found a McCulloch Palmini engine mount!

just frank

I found a engine mount for a McCulloch kart engine " PALMINI P 12 A" is on the casting... I think it from around 1960, 1961. I see one just like it on 1961 catalog for Palmini go karts on EBAY...
My question I have today is I noticed it's a little shorter length. NOS no holes drilled, to mount it on the go kart I'm guessing 5 1/2 apart. I just measured the go kart and it's a little longer about 6 1/2 inches long the same for mounting for like a Briggs.
Was the mounting holes back in 1961 shorter then today. Please let me know... Or did I again buy the wrong part again? Thank you.

just frank

Does anyone know if go carts back then in the golden age of karting, early 1960's, the mounting holes for the engine was shorter back then... Anyone...I used to own a red McCulloch kart I thought had shorter bolting pattern. I think so but it's been so long ago. On the web I saw a Rupp kart with the slots longer than normal, looks like it could fit 5 1/2 long... Anyone...

Harquebus

Pictures would go a long way, they're always worth 1,000 words.

You'd have to presume that...not all engine mount patterns are the same. The 2-cycle engines were much smaller than those of a similarly rated 4 cycle and that's what they ran back in the day, McCulloch and West Bend and other engines. . .

just frank

Hi,
This is the first picture I posted on this site. I GOT IT TO WORK! Cool... I hate computers...This is the Palmini engine mount I was talking about. As you can see it hasn't been drilled yet, however I have done some research. The holes appears to be about 5 1/2x 3 and some came with rubber mounts, but recently on Ebay I asked a seller who had two engine mounts just like that as seen today, is 6 x 3 but that's as big as it gets. Thanks for writing back...

Harquebus

You might do better to pose your vintage kart questions on another forum. This is just a minor go kart subforum tacked onto a site that is ostensibly about old (and new) minibikes. That's the main draw here and anything posted here in Go Karts is just incidental.

Even though the first openly states it is 4 cycle, it covers vintage and even has a dedicated 2-cycle section. The last two I don't know much about, but have spent hours at Bob's 4 Cycle Karting :
https://4cycle.com/karting/

https://www.vintagekarts.com/forum/
https://vkakarting.com/community/

It doesn't even look like an engine mount, it looks like a modern art masterpiece! lol

just frank

It does look like modern art... I'm lucky to have it. Never used. I will look into the kart forum you recommend. I feel I need to do my research first before I drill any holes. Thank you.

This mount I think is from a 1960 or so Rupp go kart. If you look at the slots you will see how long it is, much longer than normal. I think the mounting holes for the palmini mount is about 5 1/2 long to 6 inch at the max will work on this.