I give up what can it be ???

mybiz

I've looked at the (Wren Bird Kit) (Sears Runabout) (Penneys) The all look close but on each of them there is something different Than mine like the front axle mount and the front of the frame mount mine has a plate on the sides and top of the neck. And my motor mount plate sits on top of the frame and the front of the motor mount plate is wider than the frame so it o verhangs the frame but the rear is flush. I told my friend if i couldnt ID it that someone here could! So I need an ID please:helpsmilie:
I took the pic's with my cell and these are all I have "George":blink:

Here's the same style bracing on the bigger Sears. On the little Birds, the plate does overhang the front of the frame. I'm too lazy to go out and look, but I'm pretty sure the right front engine mount slot is outside the frame too.

mybiz

Yep!

Here's the same style bracing on the bigger Sears. On the little Birds, the plate does overhang the front of the frame. I'm too lazy to go out and look, but I'm pretty sure the right front engine mount slot is outside the frame too.
That neck looks the same And i'm sure the ugly fenders one it are original
I know the bike hasnt been touched in 30 some years Third pull of the rope it started right up dont know if the briggs is the original becouse it has the old pull rope start on it no self recoil here So you get your pants hung in it you'll be in a little trouble:doah:

Here's a mid 60s Drover see how small the bracing is?? You can see that both right engine bolts are outside the frame.

Here's the late 60s, and yours would be the early 70s on up.

Maybe not too useful in this matter, but may help in the future.

Last edited:

mybiz

To me these bikes all look alike just one different thing on all of them the runabout was my closet guess but in the pic of the sears i couldnt see the neck:doah:

The Penneys one is different. The rear kicks out rather than being tucked under. Those are older brochures. The wraparound bracing came with the name change to Roper on the Sears ones. Brochures aren't always accurate. Look at the engine on the Lark on the last Brochure. See anything funny??

The front end on your buddies is identical to my buddies exsept his handle bars a bent forwards :thumbsup: Did his have fenders?
I was mistaken. This frontend we kept and fixed. We did bend the handle bars forward to mark it more rideable. His other sears we did replace the handlebars on.
It did not have fenders on it when we got it.

mybiz

You probably need new bushings in the neck tube like these.
5/8" x 3/4" Bronze Bushing

http://OldMiniBikes.com/images/P/M-K426.jpg

Bronze Bushing

5/8" ID (Shaft)
3/4" OD
1/8" Flange Thickness
3/4" Length
1" Flange OD
20%

Details
SKUM-K426Quantity in stock2 item(s) available Weight1.00 ozs Market price:$2.50Our price:$1.99 Quantity:price*Note:

Options
Quantity (2 available) 1 2