I got another one...

I bought this mini bike a couple weeks ago for $100. It is the exact minibike I had as a kid so I had to buy it. It is complete except for a chain and clutch. The gas tank is rusty and gummed up with old gas. The 5HP Briggs seems to have good compression and spark. What brand is it? Heathkit? Was this a good buy? I have seen a number of this model on this site.

Thanks for the help.

Looks like a trail horse which is similar to a Bonanza. You could have had a Bonanza as a kid so you might need to buy another. :wink:

Is there a gusset between the top tubes with a hole in it? I've noticed that is a difference between the Trail Horse and the Bonanzas. Thats where they mount the killswitch.

Mine:

Nice bike tblumer. Yes, I have the gusset for the kill switch. The switch is still there but the toggle is broken off. Are you saying that if it has the gusset it is a Trail Horse?

The jack shaft on the TH is short for a bolt on option, the Bonanza is fixed and complete.

Do you have a close up of your brake? I've seen a lot of T-Horse's with a clutch brake.

It is a bad picture. I will try to get a better one. Mine looks just like the green one in GTO's picture, except it has a larger back wheel. The band brake is on the back wheel just like tblumer's. The original paint underneath the black appears to be the same green as GTO's. I don't have a jackshaft, but the mounts (1.25" x 3.75" with bolt holes 2" on center) are the same as tblumer's and GTO's. There is a white nylon block mounted on the engine mount to keep the chain from dragging on the plate. I guess this is an add on. Can I get a jack shaft somewhere?

You might be able to adapt one of those jackshaft weld on kits to it, just substitute some fabricated plates for the weld on ones. I could measure my jackshaft plates for you to have some made up. Or get a TAV and forget the whole jackshaft altogether.