I HATE Tec carbs

pomfish

They SUCK, SUCK,SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

3 freakin carbs tried today and every freakin one will not engage the idle circuit.
Cleaned em, blew air chuck, etc.
Say what you want about a clone or even a Briggs, but they idle.

Why is it so hard to make a good product.
The carbs are going to get all the welch plugs pulled and run in a ultrasonic until they melt.

RANT OFF.

Sorry, just 3-4 hours of senseless bullcrap.
Later,

Tec hater Keith

They SUCK, SUCK,SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

3 freakin carbs tried today and every freakin one will not engage the idle circuit.
Cleaned em, blew air chuck, etc.
Say what you want about a clone or even a Briggs, but they idle.

Why is it so hard to make a good product.
The carbs are going to get all the welch plugs pulled and run in a ultrasonic until they melt.

RANT OFF.

Sorry, just 3-4 hours of senseless bullcrap.
Later,

Tec hater Keith

If that check valve rod is stuck in all your carbs they won't idle. Take the carbs apart and the float off and shake the carb, there should be a rattle noise. If not soak the carb in some acetone for a day and see if you can get it to rattle. Also a little hole that are in between the threads that lead to the check valve rod.

Last edited:

Scottessey

Soak them suckers in lacquer thinner for a day and put 'em in the ultrasonic (still in the lacquer thinner). I've had the same issue and it's worked for me. :thumbsup:

I think the carb is designed great! If you know ALL the problem areas they can have you can always get them in running shape again. :thumbsup:

Soak them suckers in lacquer thinner for a day and put 'em in the ultrasonic (still in the lacquer thinner). I've had the same issue and it's worked for me. :thumbsup:
Scott has it right.:thumbsup:
If you are cleaning carbs (ESPECIALLY Tecumseh), its time for you to invest in an ultrasonic cleaner. You can get one at HF very reasonably priced especially with a 25% coupon or wait for them to go on sale. My son and I have got carbs to perform correctly using an ultrasonic cleaner that would not perform properly after using (repeated) "traditional" methods (soaking, spraying, etc.).
Michael