I just Bought This Too For My Kid(s) Seller Claimed Late 1960s Cat Slingshot

Not to stir up trouble but other than eBay and CL what are the best sites for parts, new and used?

Since you've been a great help on both the scoots I posted about I thought I'd tell you that the plan now is to make the Cat run reliable and safe and do a slow fix on the Rupp until I can find all the correct parts because almost nothing on it seems to be correct. My kids are good with that. The seller of the Cat seemed to think it was originally from Sears BTW.

Thanks again Markus!

Black widow has a few odds and ends type parts but not too much. there a few sections that have some random parts if you search the site pretty good. Hes got alot of Rupp parts explosions and for the rupps posted up as well as some other good reference info too for them.

capguncowboy

Here is about the best place. With a few exceptions, nearly every part you need can be found through someone on OldMiniBikes. You have to have patience, as they're not easy to find. It helps to know the right people, and then you've gotta pay the right price. Cat, Rupp and Bonanza stuff demands a pretty big premium.

It's honestly sometimes better to just go with it as is and look for something more complete to work on. I spent 6 months tracking down parts for a Cat bike. I ended up selling everything because I was still short a few pieces and already out $650

markus

Not to stir up trouble but other than eBay and CL what are the best sites for parts, new and used?

Since you've been a great help on both the scoots I posted about I thought I'd tell you that the plan now is to make the Cat run reliable and safe and do a slow fix on the Rupp until I can find all the correct parts because almost nothing on it seems to be correct. My kids are good with that. The seller of the Cat seemed to think it was originally from Sears BTW.

Thanks again Markus!
No problem, Have fun with them, the cat will be a simpler bike to deal with far as getting something going.

far as places to buy from, this sites host (OldMiniBikes) actually is the better "all around" new parts dealer online. Prices are very competitive, service and shipping is timely, and they have a good selection of all the basic parts.