I think my Flattie is a Cool Bore, Cool!

So, the standard bore rebuild kit will not work, right? I need chromed piston and rings? APS Karting has many sizes of the Raptor 3 for aluminum cylinder chromed pistons and rings for 43.00 ea. Good deal?

Just wanted to confirm that standard bore rebuild kits will not work in a Cool Bore. My engine model # is 130202 0365-02 coming from eBay in a day or two. I will check it out before buying anything and make sure that there is no iron sleeve in there. I am not going to run this motor too hard and a lot of guys run race karts with no iron sleeve so I figure I should be ok

Thanks for any input

George

ok general rule of thumb if it has a bearing on the crank its sleeved now you dont have to get over bore sizes it depends on the bore conditi when you get it that deal on the rap 3 piston sounds good but thema are the heavyest of the raptor pistons with you always use crome or it tears the bore up

Guys over on the 4cycle forum say that it's not a good idea to bore aluminum cylinders more than .020 - .030 because you start getting into the softer, unseasoned aluminum base material. There is the XLS chromed piston which is half the weight of the Raptor 3 Super Stock piston and then you need the long rod for that one.

Well, thanks Milo . . . good stuff to think about.

prsonaly the 20 to 15 range is prolly best to stay in ive bored one out 15 had a 4.50 h beam rod and a 500 compression height wiscoe just find the lenth of rod you need arc an horstman prolly got it an order it

APS Karting has many sizes of the Raptor 3 for aluminum cylinder chromed pistons and rings for 43.00 ea. Good deal? George
That sounds like a helluva good deal. Buy as many as you can afford....maybe you can get a break on 'em. One of the top, if not thee top, engine builder(s) in the country, told me that the chromed pistons that I have are like gold, and to hang onto them. I've heard that they can sell for anywhere up to $80 each. Are you positive that they're chromed? Scott.