I would love to hear your outside the box solution to keep from getting stuck

KB2ROCKET

Today and everyday I am mentally planning my OX project a two wheel drive mini with 26 x 11 x 12 atv tires powered by a modified gx390 and it occurred to me that most off road bikes get stuck when going over a large object that contacts the frame and the wheels loose traction so I thought it might be cool to install powered tracks under the frame or install slick sliders . I would love to hear your solution

The easiest way to get un-stuck is the opposite way of getting stuck. So.....if it took stupidity to get stuck, it will take brains to get un-stuck.:laugh:

KB2ROCKET

Everyone is missing the point or I am not a clear communicator .
Think of your self's as creators engineers fabricators inovators and dreamers
Here is the design challenge
Design a 2 wheeled motor cycle that will not get stuck due to being high sided on the frame . I am not asking you to decide if the driver is intelligent or anything about approach strategy or if he or she should abort the attempt or back up I am talking about a machine design that will increase the chances of getting over the obstacle
Do not be afraid to dream out loud your idea my seem impossible but just maybe it's not

Last edited:
My 1st thought is a relative short wheel base with large diameter tires so the space in between is almost non-existent. This would cause it to have a high center of gravity due to raising the drivetrain to the raised cavity between the tires. The other option is to mount the engine on top of one of the wheels relocating the riders position possibly. Any other thought I had would just make it stuck way harder in the end. :)

How about a V hull with a small sprocket and large chain running front to back powered off the jackshaft. Maybe with cleats welded on for traction. Or if your looking for a not as well working design. A big slide hammer running along the frame up top to shift the weight and slam you over the obstacle lol

KB2ROCKET

My 1st thought is a relative short wheel base with large diameter tires so the space in between is almost non-existent. This would cause it to have a high center of gravity due to raising the drivetrain to the raised cavity between the tires. The other option is to mount the engine on top of one of the wheels relocating the riders position possibly. Any other thought I had would just make it stuck way harder in the end. :)
Do you mean like this?
https://youtu.be/3TR-09QlT_k

Last edited:

KB2ROCKET

How about a V hull with a small sprocket and large chain running front to back powered off the jackshaft. Maybe with cleats welded on for traction. Or if your looking for a not as well working design. A big slide hammer running along the frame up top to shift the weight and slam you over the obstacle lol
I'm not sure what you mean by v hull you mean a boat bottom? Now a slide hammer that's what I'm talking about thinking outside the box :)

KB2ROCKET

I once saw a monster mud truck and it's drive shaft was a earth auger and I was like wow that's awesome the drive shaft has to be there it may as well provide some thrust when it gets stuck