Intek 190 water in cylinder

i recently aquired a new Briggs Intek 190. this was on its way to the scrap pile when i found it! :shrug: i was on my way to pick up an old yamaha QT50.... ano ther story!

anyway, the dude said the carb didnt work so i guess he was dumb/rich enough to buy a whole new setup. this also came with one of those Banjo centrifugal pumps attached!!!!! i made sure i asked if he wanted the pump but he didnt. :shrug:

so this leads me to my first of two questions, what is the best way to empty water from the cylander? obviously this had been sitting out in the rain a bit, so im thinking the problem is with the water because the carb checked out to be in good condition. but i could be wrong.

the second question is how do i get the damn pump off?!?!?! i dismantled the pump housing and now i am left with the 'flywheel' thing attached to the crank shaft and the shroud that bolts onto the crank case. i am trying to save the pump because i know some people who could use it, but i will use force if necesary!

so comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Those things are almost ALWAYS junk.. If it won't just slide off.. It's gonna get forecful.. :glare:

The impeller is held on by a bolt threaded into the crank shaft (probably stainless steel) If ya get that out, and some tapping and coaxing doesn't do it.. Most likely you'll have to cut the thing until it WILL come off.. I use a cutoff wheel, just cut down into the keyway area.. THAT WAY you have a little less to have to cut, but ALSO when ya DO make it through.. you are cutting key, and not crank shaft :doah:

The water might be from the pump.. I've seen more than one trash pump take out the crank seals, and dump water into the crank case of the motor.. :doah:

You might even just be better off to get the engine running FIRST, and see what she's made of.. That way you'll know if ya want to mess with getting the impeller off..