Interesting way to make electricty

Oldsalt

That would be a tremendous breakthrough. How come this was invented in the West? Everyone knows that we are decadent and behind many other areas of the world. Well, maybe they will sell it to Sanyo or Mitsubishi and everything will come out right. Seriously, something like that could change the world more than the transistor.

I hope this pans out and we can cut down our dependence on the grid but I doubt it will make a huge impact before I die and I'm only middle aged.

Of course the (eastern)country that steals EVERYTHING and mass produces it and dumps it back to us are probably already all over this.

That would be a tremendous breakthrough. How come this was invented in the West? Everyone knows that we are decadent and behind many other areas of the world. Well, maybe they will sell it to Sanyo or Mitsubishi and everything will come out right. Seriously, something like that could change the world more than the transistor.
Honestly I hope the Chinese copy it and flood the market with cheap copies.

But on a serious note I can tell from your reacton you see the real potential of a high efficiency solid state converter of high grade thermal to electrical energy.

Uhm maybe I am more comfortable seeing the technology copied than pattent protected. We need something quickly to try and get us back on track.

I wonder if you could fit that under the hood of a car, get at least 50% efficiency and produce a minimum of 5000w....

If you could then it would be a real game changer....
I know the Bloom box has left me disapointed.

I'm sorry to say but there is no way in HELL that the "powers that be" you know the ones with all the cash and power, are going to let the masses have a source of very cheap electricity.

If they CANT make a fortune on it then they'll just bottle it up and shelve it until someone else finds a way for them to keep sucking the money from the masses.

They'll gladly sell us electricity at a huge cost mark up that may even be less than currnet rates but since they'll end up making it for so very little they'll just have a wider profit margin.

The chinese coping it and dumping it might be OK for the average guy unless it is done so poorly that it really doesnt work well enough or is dangerous.

Breakthroughs are great and I love to see them and just look at how LEDS are changing things I think they are great, far FAR better than flourescent bulbs.

Does anyone think that ALL the really good breakthroughs they have made are actually in use and serving the world as a whole?

I'm sorry to say but there is no way in HELL that the "powers that be" you know the ones with all the cash and power, are going to let the masses have a source of very cheap electricity.
sigh.....

Your probably right

I remember CAT was trying to build something that bolted on the exhaust manifold of a heavy truck engine to supliment the Alertnator output. A smart idea but a truely evil company that would not likely give it away out of the goodness of their hearts..