Intro of the new Kart.

james c

well what do you know! thats the one for sale on ebay! i have pics of it in my photo gallery. check out mine in my photos. i might be able to help you and i know you can help me. i bought one last week!

I just bought the one on ebay last night. The guy ment to make it an auction but mistakenly made it a classified. My GAIN His loss!!! Mine seems to be original so far.

james c

boy i got questions about it, did you see the one i bought yet?
there are exactly the same machines in almost the same shape.
im just starting the restoring of mine. picked it up the day before yesterday

Yeah it looks like we are both missing the same rear cover or whatever it is. Mine looks to be all there all that was wrong was the drive chain had snapped but was in the floor board. obviously I have body work but I will get that done after I play some.

james c

i need to get the brake and gas pedals fixed! i have none! lol can you snap a bunch of pics of your chassis and pedals for me? the funny thing is the rear sheet metal, i got the left side and you got the right side. lets trade pics on that one. im not dure of what kind of top it should have in the back im not sweating that part. what size engine you have? i think ill try a snowmobile engine in mine if i can find one cheap enough.

To be perfectly honiest I had no room in the garage so I had to store it at my buddies house so I will have to get over there this week and get picks. I believe that it is a 5 or 6 horse tecumseh engine. It looks like the one you have on the bench in your picks. but trust me I will take all the pics i can asap. How cool is this I have never seen one of these kart's before and I have live in Michigan almost 25yrs.

james c

these two are the only two that anybody has seen on this website. to have them both show up just two days apart is really amazing . im missing the front hub on the passenger side, i found a conversion to four lug golf cart bolt pattern, if you need it the link is on the ruppster post i made . i see you have the original wheel and tire on the front of that machine, what kind of shape is it in?
do you have three lug pattern in the rear or was that converted?

I have one of the tires that you have on the rear of yours and one like the front on yours on the front. The rear tires apear to be atv (4 wheeler) rims and tires and they seem to be mounted to what apears so far to be the orginal axle. I have to dig into it more but surely will let you know. All the tires seem to be holding air at the moment but only time will tell. I know they are a rare machine I just don't know how rare yet. This is the only site I have found as well. I will keep you up to date on all the info I find.

james c

if its three lug then the bolt pattern is honda 90 three wheeler pattern. so that would be the rim they would have used i guess, i dont know what else that bolt pattern matches up to.

Not real sure as of yet. I saw this and thought toy/ money maker!! I will probably keep it unless someone offers me a price I can't refuse. I don't really want to let it go though. I know the research is going to be the hardiest part. The guy I bought it from called it a sand flea but i see the brochure calls it The Flea still can't locate any more yet or even parts. We are only a few day's into it so I am sure we will get answers.

I wonder if the guy with the flyer about these would consider having a couple lithograph copies made so that we could have a live in color sales brochure to accompany the new toy? That would be killer.

Yeah wow that is high! I think I will find sone other alternative. I am just getting into these so I am sure that isn't the only sticker shock that will happen.

I will have all the pic's of The Flea that you can handle tomorrow morning posted and ready to rock and roll probably before you even wake up considering that we are 3 hours different in time of course. I found a lot of 3 of the honda 90 tires on ebay with a couple days left on them. $200 now but the reserve isn't met.
ebaymotorsitem=180459302021

james c

yeah, i saw a few other tires but still alot of dough.
im waiting for my front hubs and rear conversion bolt pattern.
should show up next week, ive got some cool wheels i want to use.
now its all about engines!
i wanna go fast but not overdue it. i think 13 hp
i got the clutch that was with it atleast