Is a 13hp engine practical? Parts available?

The 13hp engine is going on sale near me tomorrow at princess auto...Are these practical for mini's?..Do they share any parts with the 6.5hp clone motors or do they have the same sort of aftermarket parts following?..My thinking is why modify a 6.5 when you can just buy a 13hp to start with?

the 13hp engines are huge compared to the 6.5. they make plenty of aftermarket parts for them but they generally cost 2-3x as much as a comparable 6.5 part.

Riley

The 13hp engine is going on sale near me tomorrow at princess auto...Are these practical for mini's?..Do they share any parts with the 6.5hp clone motors or do they have the same sort of aftermarket parts following?..My thinking is why modify a 6.5 when you can just buy a 13hp to start with?
in my opinion it is too much power

but it hhas been done before....

i have no idea about the parts though

YouTube - Doodle Boss 13hp

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Not really to much power, but it is very big and heavy.
But your frame must be modified, or built just for that engine. Your motor plate needs to be at least 3" wider, and 1" longer.

Also the clutch will need to be 1", which cost a bit more than the regular 3/4".

I did go and look at them and yes they are huge looking..They were all gone by the time I got there anyway(other than the true honda's which were not on sale)..