Is it ok to talk about Sno runners

myjunk

Sno runners are cool. I had one, but then sold it. I think the runner part of its name came from the fact I had to get off of it and run along side of it in deep snow!

I cant see the pic at work but if its the Chrysler one it was designed by the Russians I think ....
Some car show, Top Gear maybe, pitted that against a dirt bike and a snowmobile ... it was a very squirrely beast!

I picked up one on craigslist, it needed a lot of work. It's ready to go now (Stock). I had heard that they were a little Squirrley. So I was going to put an upgraded front ski on it. Hopefully this will help. I've never written one of these before.

Attachments

myjunk

Hi, If you are looking for parts, or even information there is a guy who lives about 30 minutes from me who is an expert on these. He carries many parts an is a wealth of knowledge. He goes by the name snorunner on ebay. If you want to send me a pm I could give you his number.
Does anybody else out there own one of these ?

Hi, If you are looking for parts, or even information there is a guy who lives about 30 minutes from me who is an expert on these. He carries many parts an is a wealth of knowledge. He goes by the name snorunner on ebay. If you want to send me a pm I could give you his number.
I know of the guy ( Walt ) that's where I got everything I needed as far as parts and a little information . He's like the only guy who handles sno runner stock parts . I saw the thread a couple years back on a performance build , I tried to PM one of the gentleman he never responded . Thanks for your help

nice looking ride

we got 2, haven't had a chance to ride them yet.
one of them is the HP model.bought a box muffler for one of them,should help it breathe a lot better

I've got a few of them, lots of fun to ride. Pretty easy too, but the more the front ski gets worn the less stable it is to turn. We just got a foot of snow last night, looks like it's time to take em for a spin!

This one is like new (and for sale:wink:)

This is one of the riders:

How does it move?

There's a narrow snowmobile-type track/belt under the rear that provides the forward force. I suspect that the idea is to lean, like driving a motorcycle, to assist the front ski with steering.

Roger