IS this azusa a good value?

I was offered up an Azusa today with a titan motor & the mikuni, fatty pipe, aluminum gas tank. Everything looks brand new. I love the look of it, & would definitely have some fun with it, should I choose to purchase. Just not sure how well these things hold their value. It is 500 & I know it costs a lot more to build new, but I don't want to purchase it if I can't get my money back out of it at the very least, but better yet make some money if I were to ride it a bit then resell. I don't know anything about Azusa bike kits besides the drum brakes suck, lol. HAve no idea about the titan motors either, but they seem powerful with the mikuni kit. I love classic bikes, so anything newer is a world I know nothing about. What do you guys think? 1967.jpeg 1968.jpeg 1969.jpeg

Looks like a really nice clean bike, and it has a nice exhaust and carb system on it . :thumbsup: Probably worth the money ....but I would still try to jew him down !

My take on things....certainly seems like a good deal considering the bigger motor, aluminum gas tank, larger rims/tires. Just looking at it overall, it seems like a nice package that's been well put together. At least as much can determined by looking at photos. That said, value is a relative thing and what it's worth to you may be different than to the next guy who comes along. An old real estate adage states, "A home is only worth what somebody is willing to pay." Same would apply to the mini bike. Couldn't hurt to offer less, maybe the seller will go for it. Bear in mind, it would probably cost you more to build one your own, if you used the same parts. As far as resale value, well...I'd say mini bikes as a whole really aren't great investments. Cars, motorcycles, boats, etc are all depreciating assets. I consider mini bikes to be the same. The only good news is, with only $500 "invested" you have very little money to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davis

I think the price is fair with what it has on it already hell I just bought a roller in around abouts the same caliber for 300 and I'm into gonna be into it around 700 running and I know it won't bring that on a resale but if your gonna use it as a rider it really doesn't matter as long as you get to play with it.

There is well more than 5 bones invested in that bike. I agree it looks well put together. If your intention is to enjoy it then I think it's a good deal....

Yeah - $500 is a good price esp if you can get him down a little. If you are expecting an investment return I say forget it and get a different hobby. Buy the minibike to have fun riding and enjoying others company that have bikes. That is where your payoff is. If you sell it down the road don't expect to break even or make money on it. Just buy it for the fun experience!!