Italjet Something?

I am an avid restoration guy. 8 complete to date. Current project is a 1970? Italjet. I have had this bike for over 32 years now. My kids grew up riding it and now I am restoring it with the initial thought that my grand kids would ride it. I got most of my parts from E Bay from a guy in the mid west. He does not return email questions so I have been lucky to pick the correct items. I did all the paint work myself and rebuilt the motor. It runs really good now. Overall it has turned out pretty well and I do not think I will let the grand kids ride it. It is not clear to me exactly what the bike is so I am interested if you have any ideas. The frame has the original serial number *32183*. Any information/links you can provide would be appreciated.

Well it looks like a JC-5A and They were not that popular of a seller because they also made the model with a 4 speed. Your looks in tip top shape and I would have a hard time letting some kids ride it.
I have a 1974 Indian SE-74 hanging around my garage for safety.

My SE-74 it is very clean for a stock UN restored Mini-cycle
Steve :scooter:
PS : I was dealer

Very cool. I thought it might be a JC-5A but have not been able to validate. From the pic's you provided it seems mine is older than a 74? Do you have any idea where I can find sales figures for the bike? My current plan is to finish it off and show it. I will get my grand kids a little beater to crash and save this one. Where and when were you a distributor?
Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:
Hardcar...

I was just a dealer in Long beach, California. As for what year you have I don't have a clue but yours is a rear kick and that might be a clue all the ones I sold were the forward kick machines. My dealership closed in early 1974

markus

Thanks Steve. Do you know if the from or the rear kick was the earlier model?
rear kick was earlier models. from some of the info I had gathered for my "M" series Italjets and Indians I had, I think that the rear kick was being used up until around '71-72.

Hi Markus : I never saw a rear kick in any of the new bikes I sold and I started selling about the very early 1972. Todd Peterson bought his SE-74 on 4-4-1972 he is the rider who I sponsored and brought in a ton of trophy's
His serial number was # 00665 I think they started over with numbering when the bikes started coming out of Taiwan.

Thanks Steve for the input. All I know for sure is that I have had the bike since 1978 and that is about it other than it ran for years with my kids bewating the Stuff out of it.
Hardcar:thumbsup:

markus

Hi Markus : I never saw a rear kick in any of the new bikes I sold and I started selling about the very early 1972. Todd Peterson bought his SE-74 on 4-4-1972 he is the rider who I sponsored and brought in a ton of trophy's
His serial number was # 00665 I think they started over with numbering when the bikes started coming out of Taiwan.

Im basing my guess off of some literature I have/had. this parts manual I recently sold was dated 1972 and the bikes used the rear kick Franco. I believed my my bike to be right about the same vintage but it was a forward kick, it used the same Dansi ignition and metal cover though, unlike the bosch units with the plastic covers that were on my later '70's bikes (MT5A, M5b, and a still unknown bigwheeled large framed 50cc auto), all of which had the "made in italy" decals on them.

Hardcar, I have this mint condition 4 page dealer setup instructions & break in procedure for the JC in both automatic and 4 speed versions dated 0ct 1971 in looking to sell if your interested.