Its a baja. But what model?

Picked this up, but Im not sure what model number it is. Having trouble finding info on it. The front suspension is totally different than the ones Ive found info on. Also trying to find out what engine it is exactly. Its a 5.5 hp. Thanks for the help!

I can get more pics up tonight if needed.

mybiz

I don't think its a Baja lot of it looks like one but not all.:shrug: Is the front of the frame a single down tube?? And the axle mount area the frame is 1 piece the Baja's have a plate where the upper and lower frame attach.

Last edited:
I don't think its a Baja lot of it looks like one but not all.:shrug: Is the front of the frame a single down tube?? And the axle mount area the frame is 1 piece the Baja's have a plate where the upper and lower frame attach.
I think the tank originally led me to believe it was one. And the person I bought it from said it was a baja heat. So I kinda just figured it was an older model of some sort, but after trying to do some research I found the front suspension was TOTALLY different. So I figured it was like the first baja ever :shrug: . The front is a single down tube.

Looks like a Yerf Dog or a Trail Sport Buffalo

Looking at the frames, they are really different from the one I have. The bottom of the frame seems to split just behind the motor. Those both split before. And the suspension is different as well. :crying:

It's Hawg Ty by American Power Products, made by the same manufacturer as Baja. :thumbsup:
Yesss!!!! I did one google search and BAM! Owners manual!

The american power products website and phone number are no longer available. :mad2:

Id like to be able to find any replacement parts that I might need while fixing this thing up. Anyone have one of these? Or know where I can find replacement parts?

Use the search feature on the homepage, there are some old threads on them and one hinted that not all Baja stuff will interchange. Good luck on your quest, I like the look and the springer forks!:thumbsup:

Use the search feature on the homepage, there are some old threads on them and one hinted that not all Baja stuff will interchange. Good luck on your quest, I like the look and the springer forks!:thumbsup:
Thanks again man! I searched on here a little, but didnt find to much. I'll have to dig a little deeper.

I actually emailed baja motorsports asking if the parts from the baja were interchangeable and thier response was. . ."Im not sure, you'll have to check online". . . :censure::mad2: WTF! Hahaha. I thought the manufacture would have been my best bet. I guess not. . .

Wish someone with the same bike going through the same experience would step up :freakout:

Thanks again though bro, you're the man! :bowdown:

I have one of these 'Hawg Ty" bikes. I think I still have all the parts except the tires. It is the single down tube frame. I think the motor was a Jangdong but the sticker is gone.

I have one of these 'Hawg Ty" bikes. I think I still have all the parts except the tires. It is the single down tube frame. I think the motor was a Jangdong but the sticker is gone.
Yeah. Searching I have found pdf files of the parts list, owners manual, and engine manual. Thats the engine thats on it. Id like to find out if some of the parts are interchangeable with the baja mini/heat/warrior ect.