I've got a tricky 1 for you...what the heck is this thing?

okay so I just take this bad boy up for 70 dollars from a guy down the street from me . I don't believe anything on it is original except for the frame and forks. the front fork axel holders lead me to believe that it is older but I'm not sure . any input will be appreciated thank you .

yeah sorry in being a little impatient. just really excited to have a good solid frame that will hold a huge engine and a huge set of tires, all of my others need heavy mods to do what i want. just want to find out what it is before i tear into it
:scooter::grind:

if anyone out there knows an approximate age on this as well that would be cool. it has been blasted and powder coated that's why it looks so new. the gentleman i bought it from had it online for at least a week before i found it. i can't imagine why no one jumped in this thing. I'm going to take my time with this one and make it nice. i have a titan 5.5 in the works that's going to be a monster by the time I'm done with it. I'm thinking drag bike on this one.:thumbsup:

bandit 40

I would defiantly not use the small wheels.... or cut the foot bars down or your gonna be hurting when you make a turn:no::no:.But yeah for the money that's pretty good.:thumbsup:

oh yeah, for sure not going with that front wheel, but possibly one the same size as the rear. they are go cart tires but i like that they are slick with no tread. i will be cutting the pegs and installing folding pegs before she ever sees the road

I think its a Rupp econocycle, think mine looks just like it even same black frame. Mine has a Rupp tag plate on seat bracket. And its only one not posted in my pictures :shrug: Will try to post a picture tomorrow :scooter:

:thumbsup:so ive been doing some research and i still cant figure out what this thing is. the rupp econo cycle was only manufactured from 1964-1967 so that is good if this is what it is because ive been looking for a vintage frame. the original color of this bike i think is a reddish orange color. i can see a couple spots where the new paint has been chipped off. it only has the original paint and this new powder coat paint layers as far as i can tell. so original this thing was red or orangish. the rear drop outs are probably whats going to give it away if someone ends up id-this bad boy, as well as the front forks. i would think that those forks would be a dead giveaway but i guess not. still hoping it ends up being something OLD! if anyone figures it out please holler at me. thanks a bunch.

so no one out there has any idea what this is ? that's amazing. :scared:
:shrug:
it does not have a tag or any kind of markings under the seat so im not sure its a rupp econo cycle. somebody has to have seen one of these before!

zeeman

Cyclops by Clarke Mfg. had high rise handle bars like that, but some of the other stuff like the rear axle mount does not match up. If it's not a Rupp, research the Cyclops and see what you think.

I did some research on the cyclops and I agree with the highrise handlebar comment but as far as I could see all of the cyclops have a slightly canted handlebar setup and these are perfectly straight all the way up . also the rear axle mounts are a perfect rectangle and on the cyclops there was an angled cut on the inside portion of the axle mount and this 1 does not have it I'm starting to wonder if it's just 1 of those kit bikes you order from ebay . however the front forks lowers make me think that it is older . I wish to god I could figure it out so that I could start ordering parts this thing is driving me crazy .

zeeman

Hey, just order what you like, and make it look new or vintage, what ever way you want to go. It's a cool frame. The seat, engine, wheels, etc will make the bike. Just my opinion.