Jackshaft questions for My Project..

I picked up one of those 50CC 4 stroke Chinese quads for $30.. I wanted to build a little reliable Quad for my daughter on a budget..(She is 4 years old)..

I pulled the motor and all electrics out... It ran , but the CVT was toasted.

I plan on putting My NEW 96CC Doodlebug engine My dad took out when he did his 6.5 swap into this little quad. I plan to run a Jackshaft setup because I want to avoid a $200 TAV setup..It's a budget build.

Now here is my Question.. What would be the best jackshaft ratio for better low end and good top end? something that will not bog up a hill, but be faster than a powerwheel .

If you can list a possible top speed.

The rear sprocket is a 37 tooth 40/41 chain. I have a 5/8" 11 tooth clutch. Tire size is 145/70-6..

Thanks guys..

Maxi-torque sell a speed reducer kit that comes with a gearing reduction of 2 to 1 that bolts on to the engine. Does the 97cc Doodlebug engine have the 4 bolt holes in the side of the block ??? And you limiting many selections because you have inserted 2 of the 4 players like the 37 tooth final sprocket and the 11 tooth starting sprocket. You might have to go to a double jack shaft to get to your goal.
The go kart I built years ago for my Grand kids has a home built jack shaft bolted to the side of a 3 HP Tecumseh. But it also has a Radio Controlled kill button for use with new riders. Might not work for your Quad.
Steve :scooter:

Thanks for the reply Steve.. I have the 11 tooth on hand.. As far as the tiny rear sprocket, I can't possibly go any larger due to the very little clearance to the ground and also the surrounding cage.. 37 is MAX.. Otherwise I would just slap a 72+ tooth and direct drive the thing.

I'm VERY curious about your remote kill and what you used. I would love to add this idea to the safety feature. Are you by chance selling the setup with the Tec?

Hello RARECRX : I bought a new radio control set up that came with two servos, because the controller had two joy sticks. I guess you could find a single stick controller to use. I then bought a small project box from Radio Shack and a 9 volt battery to run the servo and put in a momentary switch and when the controller activates the servo the kart ignition goes to ground. so if the kids get going too fast or a vehicle drives into the parking lot we are using. I could shut off the engine or just feather the switch so the engine slows the hot rod kids down . This little black box has a short antenna and sits on the frame behind the seat. The Kart also has a normal on and off switch used when the expert ( Aren't they all ) drivers have things under control. My Grandson Jason started riding at 4 years old. It sound like your a candidate for a double jack shaft if the rear sprocket can't be increased.
I understand the budget part but safety is more important.

That is a killer price for that kit. I will say in my defense it was a long time ago and I did not use the computer much in those days. Well there we go getting this project back into the economy zone. And this feature is great insurance against A MOTHERS DOOM. LOL